NRI- buying property, procedures

Discussion in 'Housing' started by vijikrish, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

These days the legal system has been tightened atleast i am sure in tamilnadu, you cannot sell without the owner's knowledge. but why would you give a poa to the person whom you do not trust. These days in TN, you have mention the property that you are going to buy/sell or for that matter, the reason you are giving a poa in the documentation in itself.

The poa is only to the person and it does not have legal binding on a heirs claim. the poa can be revoked even before the death of the person or is deemed null at the demise of the person.

2. teechak

teechak Senior IL'ite

Hi Shany,

I have made a sale deed for a property before coming to US , now owner is presuurising for registration.

we are here and can not go immediately have the registration done.

we have identified a person to whom I can assign POA to go and register the property on my name.

however I am looking for the right form needed to give that person just the authority to do the registration only. I am not looking for any loans.

would you be able to help me here and let me know where can fid the exact format for granting POA for registration to the person Living in India.

after I get the exact format, I will fill that out with my details, other person's details and property details and then

1. Notorize the form from post office in my city
    2. go to Indian consulate to get the POA attested- I am planning to in person - since this is urgency

3. teechak

teechak Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

please guide me if I need to take an appointment in indian embassy before sowing up there?

Thanks a lot !

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Teechak, the poa these days are custom made in cases like this. you need to get a legal person to make it. due to lot of problems/frauds happening the poa, is now under scrutiny. if you need to give a person a poa to sell the above property, then the poa should mention all the details pertaining to that property. so i cannot give you a format. ask your person in india to get it done through a lawyer..

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

teechak

the hurry could be because of the fear of paying more in terms of stamp paper, registration fees(which is already more for second sales) from the month of thai..or february 1st week..the date is not yet announced.