Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: LRe: Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

This is our dinner!!
    1/2 cup atta + 1/4 cup each of maida & flax seed powder
    1 tsp fresh yeast
    1 tsp honey
    a pinch of salt
    2 tsp olive oil
    Warm water
    Unbelievably soft!!
    Before baking brush with milk+butter mixture, sprinkle 1 tbsp FS powder again. You can see it on the top.

Copy of flax seed powder bread-1.jpg

Copy of flax seed powder bread 2.jpg

I was worried that flax seed powder may add to the density & added 1/4 cup maida. But, it is so soft & tasty, plain, as it is!!

4 people like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

wow, chithmam, i am going to try it soon. did you prove it for the same duration of regular breads.

i think flaxseed being a egg substitute should make it porous..wild guess..i find cakes are softer and spongier with flax seed powder....

and that me being the blessing for fil, i think it the reverse, what if he was the old school no onions, no garlic, madi..he has been very very adjusting on the food front and very appreciative..regarding other things, well i can't ask for perfect people..like perfect recipes..

3. Chitvish

Shan, since it was just 1 cup, the proving time was just an hour. I allowed it to prove & went for my walk. Came back &transferred to the New kutti loaf pan. Second proving was about 45 mtes. Then baked at 180 C for 20 mtes. But I started at 3.30 itself since I wanted to go for walk at 4!!
    Forgot to mention:
    Before baking brush with milk+butter mixture, sprinkle 1 tbsp FS powder again. You can see it on the top.

4. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

Made lemon rice and kalyana alu kara curry, mat parathas with curds for dinner...yummmmmy! Nice to be back. Thank you ma'am :)

5. deepaakrishnan

deepaakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Hhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii maaami:bowdown:bowdown

7th was hubby's birthday i made chocolate cake, coconut ladoo and gulab jamun. posting pics.

for chocolate cake i first used ganache and then used grated chocolate/chocolate shavings to adorn the sides of the cake, put some icing sugar and then stuck chocolate shapes which we are getting readymade here for christmas season in different designs. :thumbsup Image0204.jpg Image0203.jpg

today i tried gujrati kadhi for lunch. tomm i plan to make aloo capsicum sabzi, jain potato in yoghurt base curry, muttar paneer and rotis along with raitha for dinner. will post the fbs

warm regards
    deepa

12 people like this.
  6. Winniethepooh

Winniethepooh Senior IL'ite

dearest aunty,

made aviyal to go with kothamalli thogayl...the addition of carrots instead of coconut does give a beautiful color and taste. hubby was surprised that aviyal cold yaste this good without more coconut.
    thanks a ton for these tips...and am waiting to try veg-dhal masala...
    love,
    vini

7. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Chithramma, I am back after a long hiatus. I have been making many of your dishes, the past few months, esp 1whistle ones - kathirikai kozhambu, CVVK, veg kurma, pink semiya payasam, bhendi masala, paruppu podi, curry leaves podi, oats dosai, MW thiratipal, phulkas, kootu with mix n match veggies, butter muruku, dates kheer, kara dosai, masoor dhal dosai, muzhu ulundu adai, kara dosai, thipili rasam, bittergourd kolambu, beans usili, a lot more :))) More importantly, am more confident in trying out new receipes, I have become a better cook (which I thought I would never become)! Thankyou :)

8. Chitvish

lijo, iit is equally nice for us to see you back!!
    Thanks for theF Bs!! Yes, mat parathas are yum yum yummy with just curds & a picke!

9. Chitvish

Deepa, very lovely photos. The choco cake with store bought decorations looks professional! :thumbsup
    Coc laddus look pristine white & provides a nice contrast to the other two dishes!! :)

10. Chitvish

Vini, simple & nice combo. Made with carrots, you can feast on the AVIYAL BECAUSE IT WILL BE LIGHT!!
    Thanks for regular participation!!