1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Very Bold Lakshmi No Doubt, But Can You Accept Her?

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 16, 2005.

1. lakshmisuresh12

lakshmisuresh12 New IL'ite

Thank You.......

What ever, Sridhar, i'm very thankful to u to post such a wonderful stories.....Coz, we also learn things out of it.......That is true, we cannot sit here and judge Lakshmi's decisions just like that, even not knowing what she is going through.......But still, it is giving us some ideas and alternatives.....as to how can it be treated otherwise, or whatelse cud have been done.....It is very useful......It acts as a sort of alerts, when we come across such situations.......When everybody in the forum putforth their views regarding the issue, we can also know that how people react to a particular situation. So, then we will have so many altrenatives for one problem. Isn't it?
    Thank You.
    Regards.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  2. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Hi

hi,

as lakshmi said it's a bold step taken by Ram. here we have to appreciate Ram.
    if Rishi and Lakshmi are stubborn in their love even after years, then it is fine.
    let us wait and see.

regards,
    Surya.

3. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

far fetched idea

Hi Sridhar

People in love should know how to use stumbling blocks as stepping stones, and if they cannot, they end up making mistakes like this. We can forgive lovers if they fail, but can we forgive them if they themselves make their love a failure...this surely is a case where love will fail ...now a days people refuse to trust God himself, who is Ram, after all a man, how ever good he is. By getting Lakshmi married to Ram, Rishi sailed out farther than he can row back in his love-life. how sure was he that Lakshmi will not start liking Ram and about Ram not falling head over heels in love with this young damsel in distress?
    It is said " Love, is a form of amnesia during which a woman forgets there are 1,222,978,173 other men in the world"...Poor Rishi woke up Lakshmi from that amnesia and gave a fine and mature man to Lakshmi.in the form of his brother ..he surely will regret the decision.
    Hope is when love expects
    Patience is when Love waits
    Lakshmi and Rishi should have faced life and strife with Hope and Patience which come along with deep love -
    Anyways, time and again people prove that 'Love is not only blind, it causes raving madness, leading them to commit irrevocable blunders..
    Though a far fetched idea..let me wish a happy conclusion to this love story...but the question is, Love between Rishi and Lakshmi or Ram and Lakshmi......??????????
    ambika

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Ambika At Last!

All of us are struggling to accept Lakshmi's decision. There is almost a consensus amongst the members that what Lakshmi has done is very risky if not wrong . Poor girl, she might have been driven to the extreme by the force of circumstances. If Lakshmi-Rishi love is deep enough, if Ram is good enough, if Time is kind enough, this will be a successful love story. Otherwise.......
    Let me repeat for your benefit this Lakshmi is for real - an incident which has actually happened. Frankly speaking I do not have the strength to support this Lakshmi of mine, nor have the heart to condemn her. But as usual you have thrown some new insights into the complex problem.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. manju_j

manju_j New IL'ite

Is this Lakshmi from India?

Hello,

Is this Lakshmi from India? Varalotti you mentioned that you read this snippet in Economic times, but I'm finding it so hard to digest this happening in an Indian family. I would say this Lakshmi has messed up with her life, not only hers but also those around her. I'm not sure how it is going to be after 2 years, whether she would divorce Ram and marry Rishi? But at anypoint in her life this absurd act of hers is going to come and hit her.

We have read about Lord Rama himself suspecting his wife Sita and making her go through the 'agnipariksha'. After all this Ram / Rishi are just human beings and there are all possibilities for either of them to back fire Lakshmi.

I would say this Lakshmi has taken her life far off from reality or practicality. I can imagine this snippet coming up as K.B.'s movie but not real life.

6. varalotti

This Happened and Happened In India!

Manju, I did read it in Economic Times and that's a credible paper. So it did happen. I was initially shocked by the weirdness of the act but then attracted by the boldness of that girl. I share all your apprehensions.
    This snippet provides us with an interesting ground for discussion while we sit on our comfortable chairs in the secured warmth of their lives. For Lakshmi the next two years is going to be baptism by fire. Every minute of the 2 years she would have to live intensely weighing every decision carefully against the risky scheme of things.
    Having read about this I now pray that everything should turn out well and that the silly girl should come out of this experience unscathed. And there should be no collateral damage to the other parties involved like Ram, Rishi and their parents.
    regards,
    sridhar

7. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

vanvas for Ram

Ram's role in the episode is indeed pitiable. He remains celibate in a marriage of convenience. And later there may be problems in getting an understanding wife for him. Even after marriage his wife may taunt him. Perhaps Lakshmi and he may share a close platonic relationship which may irk the wife.
    In Punjab there are certain communities where it is legally sanctioned to marry the elder brother's widow. This was allowed mainly to keep the property within the family. There was a movie about this too called "Ek Chadar Maili Si." But what Ram has done is bizarre - he's literally his brother's lover's keeper! Lakshmi should have stood her ground and waited for two more years. If a girl could plan such a devious strategy and ruin Ram's life, surely she would have had the strength to ward off other proposals/suitors.
    But this anecdote is a true life happening - so we can only pass comments and views, but cannot change what has happened. For me it is a hard to digest story. It's like forcing a pure vegetarian to eat sheekh kababs!
    Sharada

8. varalotti

Very True,Sharada

You have brought in some new dimensions which most of us have not thought of. Ram's future wife (his real wife) would either have hell of a time or might give hell to Ram or Lakshmi or both. Another poignant statement you have made is that if Lakshmi could plan this much, why not she plan to avoid her other suitors.
    Believe me, Sharada, I too am a vegetarian and for me too this story was a sheek kabab. As I said earlier let's wait and see what happens -if at all the future developments come to light.
    sridhar

9. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

emotional but not rational decision!

Hello Everyone,
    avery interesting case indeed! I was just wanting to add my say to LAKSHMI'S DECISION MAKING STLYE!

Was wondering what is happening now in the day to day life situation. For eg, if she wants to go out for a movie, will it be with Rishi or Ram....THEN WHAT HAPPENS TO THE OTHER..........mmmmm......also when the newness of this situation dies down then will the family members treat her in the same way? These people who will introduce her Ram's wife to others, after 2 years will they be able to introduce her as Rishi's wife? Then what happens if they refuse, isn't it worse than defying her parents now and marrying a stranger anyway who in this case is Ram?`

Well....just wanted to say that married life and family life is not so set and defined!
    regards
    sudha.