December 2011 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Rakhii, Apr 12, 2011.

1. jodi1617

jodi1617 New IL'ite

I have been out of giving updates for a while now. Was busy at work, and whenever I came home I was extremely tired and just went to bed! The past two weeks have taken an emotional toll on me and also have been feeling everything - back pain, unable to sit for than 30 min straight and even walking is getting harder slowly. Sleepless nights have started already, and I keep turning the entire night with a lot of effort! The baby is still moving a lot, and sometimes keeps me up at night also. But I am feeling more of rollovers or movement rather than kicks.

Exhaustion is my number one complaint. I don't know how are the other moms handling that here...no more walking for me either, just don't have the energy! Waiting for my MOm to come here on the 20thNov now.

In my last doctor's visit, I was told the baby is almost head down, and is more sideways so not completely head down and she said its fine as it was my 34th week and she said sometimes babies that turn too early turn back again! so I still have time she said.

Shopping going on in full force. We got the travel system we ordered, the play n pack yard, and will be getting the crib next week. Lots of other smaller items we will get in the next week or two. Some friends and work folks have given gifts too- clothes, receiving blankets etc. Will be having my traditional shower hosted by my sister ( she lives in LA and will be coming here for thanksgiving break) on 26th NOvember, which will be my 9th month shower. So now looking forward to that.

Planning on working upto a week or two before my due date ( dec 22nd). So maybe only until first week of dec.

Very very very much looking forward to the end or rather the wonderful beginning now! Completely excited and anxious! Nervousness hasnt set in yet! Maybe I'll get more nervous as I start getting more closer!

2. sangeethaamar

sangeethaamar Silver IL'ite

Hi Mommies,

How are u?

I know now everyone are waiting for the grand moment,thinking how,when its going to be.....:)

I went to my Second antenatal class today.

The Doctor advices to do Squatting position exercise now,which helps to create space for the baby to move the head down position.
    Just you and hold any strong pole or sofa at 45 degree and sit down as we squat in indian toilets.
    and if possible duck walking also helps to loose the pelvic muscles to get loose and help during labour

For Backache:

Lie flat down with a pillow or 3 ,with ur back down, now bend your knees and try to raise ur buttocks and slowly down. this will help to relax ur back.

will update few more in day or two.

Take care.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Lopa, how are you doing now? Not sure if you had a chance to check with your doctor again; is the baby putting on more weight? I sure hope so. I hope the travel system is also in place. Online shopping is best, considering we can hardly walk for more than 30 mins a day without getting tired. Snapping at everyone lately eh? You poor thing!

Kutty, I am extremely happy to hear about your DH’s project! I know how nerve wrecking it can be, specially when you have a little on your way. I am really happy for you. I am sorry I couldn’t say this to you before itself even though I have seen your post.
    I will say the reason in my updates in another post.
    How did the strep-B go? I have mine coming up next Thursday. From next week onwards I will be going for weekly appointments. You still have 4 more weeks to go; I am positive that your girl will be in position by then. BTW, read your son’s birth story. I only have to say ‘wow’. Thanks a lot for sharing this J So you decided not to take epidural? Why Kutty? Is there any reason? Belated birthday wishes Kutty!

Sweety, your due date is end of this month right? How are you keeping? I bet you must be tired. Did your mom reach yet? She is expected soon right?

Divya, how are you? I am also worried about pain. But I keep reminding myself, “no pain, no gain”. It keeps me going. Lets see what happens when time comes.

Radhu, as you know there is hardly any space for our babies to move inside. Keep counting the movements and try not to worry. I also have swelling in my feet and my doctor said that keeping our feet elevated will sure help reduce the swelling. Try that.
    To be honest with you, all the issues might sort themselves after the baby is here. Try not to worry. Else, you also will become hyper tensed like me! And trust me, you don’t want that now. Also I am glad to know that you took drips for fluid levels.

Sangeetha! Awesome picture! Absolutely loved it!
    Staying without hubby in these last days is difficult. I completely understand. But glad to know that he could come and visit you for a month. That sure makes a difference. How did the Monday scan go?
    My doctor was telling me that once we start breastfeeding, most of the baby fat would go away. I sure am banking on that J Its not unusual to gain a lot of weight during the last month. However, avoid sugary food and foods high in carbs.

Ammani, Today is Saturday, 12<sup>th</sup>. My prayers are with you. I hope you have your LO in your hands by now. Please update us of your health.

Padmini, How are you? I hope your 15<sup>th</sup> scan goes well.

Jodi, welcome to the club of exhaustion! I hear every word you are saying! I also have sleepless nights lately. I mean, I keeping up every 1.5 hours to pee L
    All the best for your shower. It’s a wonderful feeling!

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My Updates:

My last day at work is 17th Nov. My work place hired a new employee for 1 year while I am gone on Mat-leave. So, I had been super busy training him for the past 7 working days. OMG, talking (training) non-stop is sooo exhausting. BTW, are you all experiencing any trouble with IL lately? Couple of times I got a chance to respond but the server of IL just doesn't respond. By the time it connects, that new guy is back from his break and I have start training again! After coming home I have to cook and clean myself as DH is usually on night shifts; so needless to say I am just plain exhausted. So, this is why I could not login as much as I had wished to in this last few days.

We (DH and I) also went for the hospital tour last weekend. It was OK. I mean, its not at all sophisticated! When my SIL delivered last year, her hospital was 1000 times more sophisticated than this hospital of ours. I mean, even the labor beds looked so small! I ddont know what to make out of it. Since our government pays for the stay, we had only 2 options to choose a hospital and the one we chose is less than 10 mins away. Since its Dec, you never know if there might be a snow storm; so chose the one closer. But one amazing this is that the entire staff is well experience. So, one comfort there.
    And one awesome thing happened there ladies! I asked the tour guide what kind of sanitary napkins to use post delivery and she asked us to wait outside the ward so that she can bring it and show us. It so happened that there was another lady in labor right behind the door we were waiting. I could clearly make out that she was in last stages of labor because 1. She was screaming her head off 2. Doc was saying, "I can see the head".
    But she was screaming so badly that both DH and I started sweating! As we were considering running away to the parking lot through back exit, we heard a tiny cry followed by babies wailing! I got tears in my eyes. Within moments I could hear the nurses and doctors shouting "congratulations". I am still getting goose bumps while narrating this. I had never really been this close to a labor ward, let alone hear someone in labor AND hear the baby come!

Now the not-so-plesant-part: I am always exhausted. These days I can clearly "feel" the baby down in my lower stomach. Sometimes I wonder if I deliver early since I do feel a LOT of weight down there. I also have this strange tingling/numbing sensation in my fingers on my right hand. I belive its some sort of syndrome caused my water accumulation (read is babycentre) but it should go away after the baby is born. is anyone else experiencing this?
    I also feel the baby movements (not kicks) a lot these. While I am relieved that she is moving a lot I also started wondering why she is moving this much. All the books say that there is not much room to move but my baby is moving like its running out of fashion. I wonder why...doc keeps saying the baby is just the size she is expecting. So lets see.

I pushed myself to wax my legs this morning. I used to be so regular before but the past few months I had been lazy. I waxed today anyway because just in case i go in labor tomorrow, I dont want the nurses to freak out! talk about being vain :) But shaving down there (you know where) was a chore. I wonder how you are all still managing.

Mom is coming 17th Nov and that's when my Mat-leave starts. My joining date back to work is Dec2012. Yes, took 1 year off. Oh did I mention, I also went to a couple of movies; Ra-One and 7-Aam Arivu (tamil). I liked both of them :)

5. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hi Rakhi,

Yes dear my due date is by the end of this month. My mom is here, she came on 11th. I had my baby shower today, though it was simple, I felt very happy. I am keeping good still and hope to continue the same energy until delivery.

cheers,
    Sweety

6. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

@radhu and divya

thank you for your wishes. how r u doing?

@jodi

how r u doing? good to hear from you..exhaustion is the main thing at this point of time...even i am unable to walk or stand for even 10 mins...back pain is at its peak....sometimes getting false contractions, so getting fear that i may deliver early and everyone is saying that second time moms deliver fast...should wait and see..good to know abt your babyshower...enjoy your day...take care..

@sangeethamar

how are you doing? nice tips..thank you for sharing it...take care...

@rakhii

how r u doing? thank you for ur wishes..since epidural didn't work for me during my first delivery, i was in pain totally..so my body could tolerate d pain..so i want to try without epidural...but then it depends on the situation..have my strep-b test this saturday..even my baby is rolling a lot..when ever i go to my gyn..i will keep on asking her that is this normal..she says "yes". generally girls do move a lot than boys it seems...so you would be starting your ML from 17th..good to know about it..wow 1 year is a good time..baby fat will definitely go with BF...i lost all my weight just thru that..did not do any exercise or dieting...so nice to hear about your experience in the hospital..i could definitely how you would have felt..you will be more more excited than this in a month when you hold your LO in your hands..I bet..don't worry about the hospital..you would be there just for 2 or 3 days..if the staff is good..thats what is needed...shaving there is a nightmare for me...so doing it only when needed....watch movies now only..after LO comes you will not have time to watch..so enjoy as much as you can with your DH as other enjoyment is on its way...take care...

@sweety

how are you doing? good to know about your babyshower...be cheerful..everything will go well..take care..

@ammani

hope you have delivered by now..congratulations...Please do post us whenever you find time..we all are eagerly waiting for your news..take care..

how are all other mommies doing?

my updates:

Just going on..having severe backpain these days...completely unmanageable...since DH is at home, i am ok...otherwise it would have been very very tough...my inlaws should be coming on 21st...but now getting doubt about their journey date as MIL is not feeling well..she has high sugar..so should see what their status would be...i am just telling to my baby not to come out until her grandmother (my mom) comes here, as it would be very very difficult for us without any help...my stomach has still moved down...don't know the position of the head..should see what the doctor will tell this saturday....i am feeling daily like today i may go into labor..just want to wait..not this early...not at all taking any strain...sitting in the sofa most of the time..unable to walk also...my cold is still not gone completely...having ear blockage in the left ear..its like i am on a hill..will check with my primary care physician tomorrow...these are my updates...take care all...

7. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

just wanted to update the list and see who is due when?

Ammani - 24 Nov
    sweety - 30 nov
    Padmini - 2 Dec -Boy
    Divya - 6 Dec - Boy
    Nithya - 7 Dec
    Chandravathi - 8 Dec - Girl
    Mildew - 10 Dec
    Sai Ramani - 10 Dec - Boy & Girl
    Radhu - 11 Dec - Girl
    Rakhii - 11 Dec - Girl
    Pratima - 12 Dec
    Renji - 12 Dec
    Lopa - 13 Dec - Boy
    Sangeetha - 14 Dec - Girl
    Curly - 15 Dec - Girl
    Kutty - 18 Dec - Girl
    Jodi - 22 Dec - Boy
    Vasanthi - 24 Dec - Boy & Girl
    Ndta - 28 Dec
    Shruthi - 28 Dec
    Sangeetha - 31 Dec
    Mathangi - 31 Dec
    Abhi
    Priya
    Vani

8. jodi1617

jodi1617 New IL'ite

Hi all, sorry I couldn't respond to anyone individually last time, I had typed everything up and pressed the wrong button and everything got deleted! Didn't have the energy to retype and just left it!

Anyway, @ Kutty, congrats on your husband getting a project. Now you can relax and focus on your health. I am sure you must be waiting for your Mom's arrival now! I am in the same boat- unable to sit, stand or even walk constantly. Take care...I am telling myself only a few weeks left now! And yes, thanks so much for sharing your birth story of your son. I just can't imagine how it must have felt.... I think you only have to experience it, right?

@Rakhii, as Kutty said, I guess don't worry about the hospital too much, as long as the care there is good and doctors are good, it should be fine. For us, for a normal delivery the stay is for 2 days and the charges are very expensive! If we had a government sponsored option we would have gone for it too. So finally starting your ML by this weekend huh? Great! One year will be awesome and great bonding time for you with your LO. My ML will start mostly by dec 15th, I am trying to see if I can go to work at least upto a week before my due date which is dec 22nd. I don't want to start my ML too soon, as we get only 12 weeks and want to preserve that for time with the baby. So let's see, hoping I can keep going until dec 15th, although currently it looks very hard, as I am always exhausted! Must be also because I have sort of stopped exercising and walking from 3 weeks now, I guess it's like a circle!

@ sangethamar, I loved your hair! You must have looked like a bride I am sure :) and thanks for the tips again..

@ammani, looking forward to get an update from you.....

@ vasanthi, where are you dear? Hope you are doing well...

@lopa, hope your baby has gained some weight by now....I actually didn't have an ultrasound at all after my 20th week, so have no idea how much the baby weighs etc...maybe this is only better, otherwise even I might be stressing!

Even I had thought once you are in your 34th week onwards thee baby doesn't have much space and doesn't move as much, but I still feel a lot of movement, everyday, so not really counting kicks etc....Kutty, even I had kept asking the doc if this much movement was normal every visit, and doc just said, it's a sign of a healthy baby! what else can I say :)

Take care all....my next appt is next week, my 36th week appt when I'll have group b strep test done.

9. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

@ Jodi,

Though it depends on person to person, I think until 37th week babies move a lot. From 38th onwards they have very little space though.

@Rakhii,

How are you dear. Did u finish ur baby shopping? Are ur parents coming for delivery? Looks like u got scared by labor shouts at hospital. Don't worry dear, I think the lady did not opt for epidural..May u r planning to opt for epidural?

I still need to make a decision on opting epidural or not, thinking.

@Kutty,

Good work dear, thank you for due date list. Mine is a baby girl. And dear thank u for ur soothing words, even though I have my mom here, my hubby by my side I feel depressed..some strange fear. Trying to deviate my thoughts from thinking of baby and all. I just want to deliver her ASAP. I will be happy if my contractions just start right away. Last weeks are horrible and time just does not move.

Kutty for back pain try massage(from hubby)and mild hot bath back shower, try Sangeetha's tips too. And don't worry dear as u pass 36th week baby will be full term and will pray for u that ur baby shd wait until ur mom comes.

@Ammani :

Hope u had a pleasent and safe delivery. Update us as u get some time. Wish ur little one a happy and bright future.

@Chandravathi,

Hi dear hope u r doing good. Keep well.

Hi Sangeetha, Lopa and Vasanthi hope u all are keeping well.

My updates: I will start my 38th week tomorrow. I wish I deliver my baby this week it self. I am almost done with my baby shopping stuff, my mom is here now and she is feeding me well. Had my baby shower this week end, felt very nice.

cheers,
    sweety

10. padminiiyer24

padminiiyer24 New IL'ite

hi dear friends

how r u all? now am very sad mentally b coz yesterdday i did my scan dr said that my baby in breech position so dr said that compusary did the ceaserian.and suggest that to admit 22nd nov to admit in hospital and do the operation on 23rd.so i feel very sad. b coz i think my delivery will be normal but fate wat to do?i have slight BP also.140 90.flusid also littlebit less.so dr said that they dont take risk.so

iam very much sad till yesterday.23rd nakshathra is swathi.is it good for boys?anyone knows abot that pls post the suggestion.