1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do I tell lies? – yes, of course, I do!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Kamala :)
    I fully believe in your first line.
    Whenever we tell lies, we justify ourselves that , the outcome of a lie is a win-win situation & hence we did lie!!

2. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chitra ma,
    ha ha ha... nice one!
    I am a spontaneous liar too... :)

3. Chitvish

Dear Vidchakra,
    What an irony!! IL seems to be a pack of liars!! Ofcourse it is self admission & hence we need not feel bad. That is the truth!!:biggrin2:

4. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

chitra ma,
    wonderful post...daily my husband used to talk to his mom( he is supposed to call her daily,otherwise big issue):hide: but if i talk to her daily problem arises so i generally avoid talking daily..2 days once i will talk to her.... so if the day i am not supposed to talk to her if she asks about me,my husband need to lie(bcoz i will do action that i don't want to talk to her today)... my husband totally don't like to tell lie even if it is for good... but now the clever guy understood that he is problem free if we don't talk daily:)...:cheers

1 person likes this.
  5. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hmmm.... 'angry lies' is what I use most of the times since my husband hates big gatherings of all kinds. But these days I am tired of these lies, so I ask the host to be glad / happy that I am a part of whatever gathering it is:)

And then there are small white lies here and there that mostly don't do much harm beyond which I am not comfortable lying and then like Sabitha mentioned I am weary about lying in front of the children.

Sindhu

6. shobana sridhar

shobana sridhar Silver IL'ite

Chitra
    i would definitely lie for small things just to get away from controversies but with a husband like sridhar it is next to impossible.He will make sure that he exposes me on the pretext that i had not told him about my so called scheme . If i tell him before hand then it is another story.He will make it a point in front of that particular person say what i have intended and then look at me with all the innocence and ask 'Did i do it right this time?'who in the right frame of mind would dare to lie in this situation?Please guys give me a solution if you have one
    love

7. Chitvish

Oh Subha, in matters concerning in-laws,a lie here & there :)biggrin2:) cannot be avoided!! The situation is such that we must have the cake, but eat it too!! :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Chitvish

Sindhu, lying in front of cildren??? No no, no!! I had always avoided it because suddenly the conscience "comes to the front" as though!!
    I would be surprised if anybody mentions that they have never told even a "small white lie" ever!!

9. Chitvish

Oh, it does not ever work with Vish also, however much I tutor!!:hide:
    Finally others make a note of the signals I make to him, but he, with all his"innocence" does not even look my side!!:bonk
    These men :rant
    We need them
    We cannot live without them
    But they take the life out of us on wrong contexts!!

10. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hi Chiths,

Well,well! After a long time - I sure agree that at times more or less like Yudhishtira we are forced to tell lies - though any day I would prefer to be like Satyavan it seems impossible in the present times!

Love,
    Abha.