1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. sujisaran

sujisaran Silver IL'ite

hi shiva

i am reading your blogs and weight loss success story i am inspired you alot and i need your proper advice and support for my weight reduction issue my height is 5'5 weight is 58 bmi is 21 it is not a problem last year i got married that time my weight 48when i am in India i gained my weight 4-5 k gs , i came to London July 2010 slowly it increased now i am 58 but my hands thy and tummy got increased like anything i tried nice diet and i join in il thread i need a weight loss partner and gone nicely suddenly health problem and i can't continue

i am a strict vegetarian and trying to conceive , next month i am flying to india but my tummy looking like 5 months pregnant i am feeling very depressed and worried ay by day it increasing like anything about this in winter here i can't go anywhere outside always sitting in the home and feeling loneliness and depressed please help me how can i reduce my tummy and i want to increase my confidence level please i am expecting your rep i am doing yoga also i don't have words to express my depression please expecting your reply

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Peacock,

Wishing you a very happy Diwali.

Instead of 2 fist cooked rice. Take 1 fist uncooked rice and boil and drain it 3 times. It increases in size and all the starch is drained out. If you cannot cook then 2 fist rice is good enough.

Not 3 carrots. Have 1 carrot. Carrots are high in sugar, tahts the reason diabetics are not supposed to have carrot juice. But don't avoid them, instead of having 3 which will cause a sugar rush have one.

1bannana/1orange/1carrot/2-3 cucumbers is a good snack choice.

No 3 breads here. If you want to have breads have in morning. Stick to 2 roties and curry. Make sure that the curry is cooked in less oil. You say 3 tablespoon of chutney, if its coconut chutney then its high in calorie so stick to 2 teaspoon of chutney.

Read the calories. As for Britannia multigrain pack one small pack of 3 biscuits is 250 calories (I am not sure so please check)

If possible have egg with roti and avoid bread at night.

You need to modify your diet so that the easy carb contents such as bread, rice are in less quantity and complex carb contents such as roti/daliya are in moderate quantity.

Don't stop before 45 minutes. Remember, that atleast 45 minutes of exercise is needed.

If you eat right and exercise right then nothing can cause the weight gain and nothing can stop the weight loss.

I understand the desperation and frustration but believe me weight does not come down in one day. So, accept this fact and walk forward with your head held high and with determination. You are doing something to correct your weight, you should be proud of yourself.

All the best.

Lots of love

3. shivachoubey

Dear Mona,

Wishing you a very happy diwali.

How are you?? Its been a long time since I heard from you. Congrats on your weight loss. I understand that its difficult to exercise and eat right with busy schedule but exercise out of habit. Like we take bath, brush our teeth out of habit, similarly we should exercise out of habit.

lots of love to you.

regards

4. shivachoubey

Dear Jignasha,

A very happy diwali to you.

Its a great progress. Why do you want to lose weight fast. Remember, a quick weight loss will lead to stretch marks and lose skin, do you want that???? A slow weight loss is best weight loss.

Why cook separately??? Its healthy to eat less oil, so make sure that your family eat the healthy food too.

I will reply to your emails in a day or too. Sorry, have been busy running around. Will get back to your questions in detail.

Lots of love

regards

5. shivachoubey

Dear Sridevi1977,

Wishing you a very happy Diwali. Wow you posted your daily dairy. Good girl for making a note of your meals.

As I can see your dinners are a bit heavy, I guess this is because of diwali preparations. Now that Diwali is over you can get back to your healthy routine.

Lots of love

regards

6. shivachoubey

Dear SujiSaran,

Wishing you a very happy diwali.

Why??? You can control your weight anytime you want. Don't let your weight govern your life. Weight is a part of your life NOT your life.

As for exercise you can exercise at home, google walk at home videos.

You can search for some library and clubs which you can join. Expats sometimes do feel lonely in a foreign land, so as an expat one needs to make efforts to build a group.

Your tummy will go with your weight. SO, start by reducing your weight.

As for confidence, think of things that you are afraid of and slowly try to do them. For example, if you are afraid to go out alone then try to go for a walk just around the block. Take one step at a time. Google for Indian group in London and check out the Indus ladies section for London, see how women out there spend their days.

Being depressed will not give you back anything, so whenever you feel depressed try being adventurous. Once you move out of the house and start exploring then depression will go away.

When I came to a foreign country I was hit by depression too. Suddenly there is nothing much to do and at home all day, all you can feel is depressed. I countered my depression by being busy. Now, I am busy and there is not time to feel depressed.

Talk to your husband, see what activities you can join. Volunteers are always needed in some group, so join such a group.

Do keep us all updated about how you turned your depression around and how you are progressing. I am sure your experience will help lots of ladies.

All the best.

Lots of love

7. Savvyheal

Savvyheal Gold IL'ite

Dear Shiva,
    How are you doing?
    For the past 20 days I'm here in Delhi.
    The weather is chill these days.
    Morning went for a walk in the park near by.
    Felt so refreshed after that.
    Weight wise I'm maintaining 60 kgs.

8. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

hi Shiva,
    my updates on nov 1:

brkfast: veggie pattie,milk with nesquick;
    lunch: oats with buttermilk,rasam,veg koottu
    tea
    chocolates-2
    dinner: brown rice-1/4 cup,palak paneer,buttermilk

water- 7 gls
    1 hr jazzercise workout;

1 person likes this.
  9. vasuki85

vasuki85 New IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

How r u? I read ur success story. Really Good. My height is 168cm and i am 68kg now. I am trying to conceive now. But when i consulted with my doctor , he advised me to reduce it to 60kg before conceiving, in order to avoid pregnancy induced hypertension.

So started on diet from 18th october. I used nutrilite product named "Positrim". Ths product compensates for all the required nutrients that our body requires per day. I would like to reduce 5kgs per month.

My Daily routine:

Get up at 6.
    Have soaked fenugreek seeds.
    Have 3 tbsp of manna health mix porridge.
    35 min of exercise(threadmill/cycling/racing bike/weight lifting)
    morning breakfast: 8.30am to 9am :positrim 1 sachet
    11 am: 1 carrot/ 1 cucumber
    1pm to 1.30pm : 2 rotis with veg subji/green leafy veg with dal
    5pm: 3 whole wheat bread slice,some veg subji
    8pm to 8.30pm : positrim 1 sachet

inbetween few glasses of hot water...

Even after this diet i was able to reduce only 1kg within 15 days. do i need to add anything. Please suggest me.

Regards,
    Vasuki

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  10. shivachoubey

Dear Savvy,

I am doing fine. Good show on maintaining your weight.

I am sure Delhi weather must be chilli by now. So enjoy the coming winters.

Lots of love to you.

regards