Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

I saw the candy thermometer you have. I want to buy one too. Are they still not available in Chennai? Any suggestions ma'am?

2. pingpong

pingpong Senior IL'ite

Hello Chittuma,

Wish you happy Diwali.

For Diwali goodies, I made traditional peda, rava ladoo and caramel Halwa. All three came out really awesome. As I work fulltime, I hardly get time to make sweets for Diwali. But this time, with your recipes I made three sweets just in 2 hours. I thank you for the same. We distributed Diwali sweets to all our friends and they were surprised that I made so many sweets :). You made my day.....

Thanks again.

1 person likes this.
  3. roopanagaraj

roopanagaraj New IL'ite

Dear Madam,

"Wish you a happy Deepavali". I would like to visit you when I come to Chennai, Will you please give me your address or phone no. of yours? I am a frequent visitor to chennai.

Thank you and Regards

4. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Dear mam,

Sorry. Though for a moment I thought it to be leg pulling, didn't continue to think on those lines. I almost finished reading 'post your comments - parts 3 and 4'. I remember seeing you addressing men that way. I didn't want you to follow that with Inba :). Another reason - he is like a Shivanadiyar and respecting elders is something that he does religiously.

There was yellow gravy in the freezer which I totally forgot. Made mughlai paneer (sauted shajeera as you told) using that for alu paratha.

Remember once I told that we decided to go low fat for dinner? We have been continuing it excpet for party days. Have tried all your salads and in smoothies it is, plum lassi, apple-cinnamon milkshake, fruit-lassi smoothy, brain booster, ABCG smoothy and mint-ginger ale. Brinjal lapsi upma has become a favourite.

Great day!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  5. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hello aunty,

Wishing you a very happy Diwali.

As it was on a working day (here) this year, it was a bit hectic. but still managed to make besan ladu (mw), poha chiwda and thattai. Also made puri - chole for dinner. So all in all it was a sumptous (read fattening!) Diwali!

6. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

Finished dinner with adai and onion garlic chutney. It has become a favorite here :)

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    had been so busy with the iphone (unga punyathila kidaichathu), Aravindh's arrival, going out, deepavali preparations and deepavali and then A's departure to college yesterday.Oops!
    I made mixture for deepavali - used the iphone to look up the recipe in your apps. What canI say, do handy that I felt you are in the kitchen, guiding me at every step. I made mixture only on Monday by 3 pm and finished by 5, all done. The followed the recipe only and I had around 1.4 kg of mixture. Nalla kanisam. I added badam also for R's sake. I made ukkarai and deepavali marunthu. Bought jangiri from a Palghat lady who makes wonderful, soft and juicy jangiris. She makes only during this festival and so I always makes it a point to buy. No other sweets because I received lots from my brother and also Archana (both get from customers).
    And I invited my brothers and mother and also Archana and her husband along with kutti for lunch on deeepavali day. I made baby potato roast,navarathna paruppusili, morkuzhambu, rasam and pink semiya payasam. All items got over and everyone enjoyed lunch so much. Amma was all praise for the lunch, morkuzhambu and payasam especially. No vadai as everyone was not for it.
    I was so happy this deepavali because our kutty ponnu came to our house the first time. We had a very great time, playing with her and laughing at her antics.
    I patted my back when Amma had a second helping of the paysam. It is really a great thing for me when she appreciates me for anything. She said the mixture is also very well made. (She is really particular when it comes for perfection and I have not taken even a little after her). After all, she started cooking when she was just 8 years old!
    And I made rajma curry yesterday for A's dinner pack and took some for my brother and Archana. It was tasty, as usual. A called to say that he had the leftover roti and rajma for breakfast today at hostel. He just drools when he hears that I am making it.
    I made milagu rasam with the milagu kuzhambu powder, adding dhaniya powder too forlunch yesterday. It was good, after the sweets and heavy lunch te previous day.
    Today, for lunch R had asked me to make CVVK, karunaikizhangu masiyal. I am thinking of making keerai masiyal also and rasam too.

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear radhaparth and VLR,
    good to meet you on line, with CV. My my, you are all so young, cooking like pros. Really great, hats off to you people. Next time when in Chennai, give me a call, you like to meet you both.

1 person likes this.
  9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Inbaroja,
    you are one lucky woman to get appreciated by your in laws in this way. Do cherish them, they are a rare breed in any age. Even after 22 years, my FIL could never sppreciate my wholeheartedly, it was always that I lacked something. It was so nice of them to appreciate such a loving and caring DIL and it seems that it was well deserved too. All the best!

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear lijo,
    if you have an aappam pan, do make aappam with the 123 batter and eno. The aappams turn out wonderful. My hubby is so fond of both 123 and aappam, I make it very regularly.