1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Chatter, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Chatter

Chatter New IL'ite

The biggest movie awaited this year is releasing this week! Kabhi Alvida Na kehna is all on MSN banner ads and all website ads.
    Amitabh Bachchan as Samarjit Sing Talwar
    Abhishek Bachchan as his son Rishi Talwar
    Shahrukh Khan as Dev Saran

All the promos and trailors look catchy. Waiting for Karan Johar's KANK :p

2. sapnabharath

sapnabharath New IL'ite

It surely looks to be a blockbuster starring premium actors and featuring some foot tapping numbers. The movie is shot predominantly in New York (one of my favourite cities) and it gets all the more exciting when you can relate to most places in the movie. Looking forward to watching it this weeekend. :-D

3. Maria

Maria New IL'ite

KANK - Extra Marital Love

I read good review of this movie. Released today, it looks promising. Its about love after marriage and is based on Bold subject. But Karan Johar's intelligent direction has handled the subject brilliantly and delicately. I am going to see this movie Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (KANK) this weekend :p

4. Chandni

Chandni New IL'ite

Good Movie

I read the review and KANK is a good movie. 3 or 4 stars out of 5 maybe. Based on extra marital affair, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna has all Bollywood Masaala. I would rather go to watch Amitabh Bachchan as Sam Talwar, a flamboyant skirt chaser, as Rishi (Abhishek Bachchan)'s father and Kiron Kher as Dev (Shahrukh Khan)'s pragmatic mum! Amitabh is my favorite and I will love to watch him in that role :p

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

A Looooooooooooooong movie!

Uff. Just watched KANK. I think Karan Johar set out to make a good movie with a today's subject and theme. Well, the intentions were good. But poor Johar is a slave to his own brand of film making and does not venture far from his glossy make belief presentation of the film. First of all, this whole film story takes place in NYork, thus aiming at the NRI crowd, please note! Characters look plastic and situations seem contrived. What he has done with Amitabh Bachan and Kiron Kher characters is unbelievable and garish. The sensitive subject was presented in such a cosmetic package that it lacked soul. The twists towards the end was absurd...don't want to say more and be a spoiler. Worth watching for the fashionable clothes, especially the beautiful saris of Rani and for handsome Abhishek! I forced my two girls to go with me and I think they will not be on speaking terms with me for a coupla days! They want their precious three and half hours back!!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  6. Chatter

Chatter New IL'ite

Aspirin and Dispirin for KANK

I was waiting for this movie and after seeing it for full 3 and a half hours, I had to take Aspirin to shoo away my headache. Main problem was the sound recording. I could not understand many of the Amitabh Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan's dialogues. I am not sure if the sound recording of movie was bad (did any of you had same problem?) or if the theatre sound system was poor. But many a times I had to concentrate so much to hear what they were saying that I had headache at the end :evil:

7. Soniya

Soniya New IL'ite

Positives of Kabhi Alvida na Kehna

After all the review of KANK at a very averate rate, there is a positive thing for which you can go to see Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna. The best thing I liked in the movie was the Sarees worn by Rani Mukherjee. She was draped in all beautiful sarees. Watch her in a song with the color theme (I dont remember the song) but Rani Mukherjees saree and blouse style looked great and gorgeous. You can see KANK for the clothes of Abhishek Bachchan and Amitabh Bachchan. Amitabh's suit and overcoats are great! Even his handcuff in a scene with a call girl is so sexy :tongue

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamala and others who did not like the movie.....

I am not saying it was the best movie or so....but dont u think there were a lot of thoughtful dialogues, between the couples, whenever that happened between the songs etc....
    I have come across some characters ike these in real life and i could emphatise with Preity and Sharaukh and their lives also...and what was happening in their marriage. As for Rani, even i could not undersdtand why she did not like Abhishek....and why she falls for Sharukh....that part should have been better handled.....and i liked Amitabh a lot....felt sorry for him and his loneliness...and at that age , they way he runs after young girls, i have seen that also here and the insecure feeling these old men have that too when spouses are not there anymore.
    Kamala, i felt this movie was towards the topic we are all discussing with Sridhar.
    Anyway, i guess if you saw it for entertainment value, it was not so good....but i thought a lot about this married relationships after i saw this movie.....
    Just wanted to say this much...that too having met such characters and what they are going through in real life...

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha..

Yes, I did read your post mentioning this movie in Varalotti's thread. It does apply to that theme.
    As for the film KANK, on the outset, it is a welcoming change from the usual boy meeti girl stories and the underworld kill bill stuff!
    But in handling such a sensitive story, the director went overboard with the length of the film and gloss. Somehow it lost its seriousness. I agree that older men need not be 'sadhus' after losing their spouse and they do get lonely. But come on, he is shown 'having it off' in front of his son and dil..with a call girl! Also, all that huggy buggy thing between Kiran Kher and Amitabh looked unnatural, and they were not even in love! As for Rani loving SRK, maybe that is even possible inspite of a dashing hubby like Abhishek, but why would Abhishek come to her in the end and say how precious she is to him after screaming and ranting about her infidelity. Is it because she is the heroine of the film and all should end happy ho ha?!! See, even the thought of that glossy film makes me use filmy language:))))
    Besides all of the above, my two sulking daughters did not let me enjoy the movie. That is the bottom line;))

L, Kamla.