Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh by repeating unconventional, you make me feel, I am good only at less convetional cooking, lijo!!
    Whatever recipe clicks - let us follow. Why bother how others do it??
    On days I grind 2 batters, I too relax & feel no problem for a week atleast!!

2. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

Ma'am..previously I'd tried making adai once and it turned out bad :-( Then on I'd thought I'd never attempt it. But then came IL and your readymix mavu...I love it. I would definitely love to have adai vaaram at home!!! So tasty! And so healthy! Thank you again.

3. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

Ma'am...sorry! I jus wanted to let you know that I'm happy that I'm now able to get good results with something that I failed in my first 2 attempts. I'm happy to the extent that I wish to stick to it. Thank you for sharing this with us ma'am.

We love all your recipes...conventional or unconventional! More than that...we love you for sharing it with beginners like us.

4. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

The oats dosai came out surprisingly easy and tasty. I gave the oats a run in the mixer before combining it with the rest...added onions, green chillies and seasoning as per recipe. Made coriander leaves chutney (with fresh leaves version) to go along with it. Very light! Can be made in a jiffy. My DH is happy with anything made with oats...he's going to be thrilled!! Thank you ma'am.

5. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

No FBs. It was all repeats. I have something to tell you, though.

Inba wanted to take me outside for a candlelight dinner. May be, I didn't get into tough cooking yet. But, I felt the samething that of someother 'experienced hands' here. I didn't feel like going outside for eating and went half-minded. We came back from the restaurant to share the same view. Inba said that he was not much attracted in eating outside except for the time spent together. The reason is nothing but the trials of versatile cooking at home.

And yes. You got me a platinum set(reason for CL dinner) for my first ever hosting winner. Thhhhhaaaank you!

Great day!

Thank you, Ms. apar_ram. So nice of you.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
    3 people like this.
  6. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Dear Mami,

I made kalyana kichadi and it turned out like a real kalyana breakfast. I made the vangi bath powder minus the cinnamon and have saved it for aracha vitta sambar for tomorrow.

This year no visheshams so I'm planning to make just gulab jamons and thattai.

Love.

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,
    Good news to you! Askchitvish apps has been featured in the Metroplus today- int he Hindu. I have posted a thread in the ILiites Milestones forum about this. Please visit that thread also and post your views. I congratulate Chitvish and Ruby for this great feat. I am not giving the link of the write up here, do look up the thread in the milestones forum.This is the link to the thread.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/i...h-apps-hindu-metroplus-today.html#post1985391

1 person likes this.
  8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    congratulations to you and also Ruby for this feat. I am amazed at your zest for life, I learn a lot from you daily. May God bless you with good health always.

9. Chitvish

Oh I was just joking, lijo!! No probs! :)

10. Chitvish

Oats is the much glorified breakfast now!!\Thanks for the FB.
    Y day I made oats upma with just 2 tsp of coconut & loved it!!