1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Engaged - getting married in Oct

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by divs00710, Sep 19, 2011.

1. divs00710

divs00710 New IL'ite

Hi,

I got engaged on June 22nd. I will be gettting married on Oct 31st. Since I have just 1.5 months left for the marriage there are lots of preperations for the marriage that is happening currently. Fortunately i finished shopping for the sarees and jewellery. But most of my weekends are spent in running to the tailor to get my blouses stiched, going to the beauty parlour, shopping for other stuff for the marriage & honeymoon and helping out my parents in the marriage preparations. Since am the only daughter for my parents I'm the only person in the house to help them as well for the marriage preparations.

Amidst all the running around for the marriage prepartions, I'm finding very less time to meet my fiancee. Although we talk on the phone and msg each other very often during the day, its not the same as meeting. Everytime we meet its for a very short duration of 1-2 hrs which both of us feel is not enough and we end up looking forward to our next meeting.

I was supposed to meet him last sunday, and we were supposed to spend the entire day together. But the whole day I was with my parents helping them out at home. Now he is angry with me, although he is not telling me about it, I know he is angry with me.

I want to make up to him for it, but I'm not able to think of anythind special. Please help me by suggesting ideas on how I can make up to him for it.

2. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Congrats Divs on your wedding!
    Its quite natural that you will be quite busy during this time with all the arrangements..
    My parents too do not have any sons, so I had to help my parents out with all my wedding arrangements...Enjoy this time with your parents, since they too would want to spend the maximum time with you now...
    Reg. the time you spend with your fiance, you can explain him patiently that you had to help your parents...you can always make up for the missed meeting by a surprise visit, or a nice thoughtful gift.
    Its important you and your fiance understand each other well..but do not worry, you both have a whole life ahead together! all the best!

3. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi ,
    Congrats first.. Ur fiance really likes u and gives time for u..try to give more time and priority to him becoz this is the time when relation ship develops either good or bad.. so try to keep tht up..misses do happen but donot worry all the best

4. Lizonly

Lizonly New IL'ite

Congrats on your upcoming marriage! The craziness that surrounds you this time is natural. And from what I have seen, girls nowadays are more involved in their own marriage prep (only child or otherwise) as for them it is a lifetime event and they want to make sure everything is perfect! I think guys are less emotional about it and don't get so involved in the prep :D.
    I am sure if you explain this to your fiancee...he will understand. Will you be stayin in the same city or move away? try to make him see the bigger picture of how you both are getting ready to spend the rest of your lives together and if you are not being able to spend time right now, he shouldn't feel so bad.
    Have you planned your honeymoon? If not, keep some time for that and meet up on to discuss. That way you are 'killing 2 birds with one stone' :). And ask him to accompany you on certain shopping trips.. guys love to be taken along, though they won't say it.
    All the best! And don't stress too much... it will affect your wedding glow :)