Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

KaSHMIRI ROTI IS SO FULL OF FLAVOUR! :TONGUE
    OH, HRIDHAYA, TIFFIN KURMA GOES WELL only WITH S I TIFFINS.
    NOT ALWAYS DO i ADD MILK, BUT IF i FEEL LIKE INDULGING, i DO :BIGGRIN2:

Please do make the frozen gravies & stock. Last night I had soaked pink rajma. This morning I directly added gravy to raw rajma & cooked for 30 mtes in pr pan. It has come out perfect. Will post the photo in Reg gravy post.

2. Chitvish

Shan, the water has to be literally boiling to get soft dough - hot water will not do! Boiling water does half cooking & hence the softness.
    These smoothies make perfect fillers!!

3. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Mami,

Will definitely stock the gravies this weekend and give you feedback. Thanks for the concern.

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithuma,

Lunch box combos ..carrot rice+bhindi raitha.. R asked for it so I made it that way. I planned a kootu and chips to go with C Rice.It was very tasty anyways :)

Today was Masoor dhal saadham with Onion+carrot raitha.I used only capsicum.Tasted too good.I ate it hot though..but told R that it will taste good even at room temp. Will wait for his FB.

We went to Saravana bhavan for a small treat last weekend(newly wed cousin).The moment R saw missi roti in the menu card he called out oh.. aishu makes this at home..The new bride was a lil surprised and asked me can you please teach me...I was assuring her that i was a complete novice when I was a new bride too.Told her to join IL.Very simple isnt it :)

5. Chitvish

Aish, nice interesting FB!!
    The problem with raitha is, it should not turn sour in this weather!
    So, R "showed off"/???? Feel justifiably proud!!:thumbsup
    I still remember your early days in IL & I too feel proud of you!!
    Thanks.

6. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hello aunty,

How are you? Back here after a looooong time! A lot of events have kept me away (some good, some not so good!).

Made stuffed ridge gourd for dinner - came out very well. Also this year, kolakattais for Chaturti came out excellent. Made pooranam in the MW and it was soft and very tasty.

7. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Hi mami,
    Today's dinner FB. Made Jain tomato methi pulao and Lemony dhal.My bad, I made a poor judgement of the end taste by looking at the ingredient list first. It was so good looking and flavourful when I opened the pressure cooker.Excellent taste as well. Also till today, I thought soaking rice was unnecessary. Again got it wrong. This is my first ever pulao with separate rice grains. I dedicate it to you :)

8. Chitvish

Dear Mythraeyi,
    Nice to hear from you! :)
    What you have written is all about life!
    It is always good to get a happy chathurthi Fb!!
    Thanks.

9. Chitvish

Thanks, Hridhaya. Some simple tips make an ocean of difference!!
    But do not soak for very long also :biggrin2:
    Your FBs are always nice & friendly :thumbsup

10. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

Thank you ma'am...planning to try my hand at poli...will let you know how it comes out Wish me luck. Jus got the ingredients ready.

One doubt....I tried making idli batter using the unconventional method...I halved the recipe though. I'll let you know where I fell short...Soaking I managed only for 4 hrs...fenugreek was not ground fine....though I ground it for long. The batter rose well and was very soft and fluffy...However the idlis fell flat. Managed to make dosas and finish the batter yesterday. Tasted fine though. My husband is a very sweet and never complains. Kept the dosa going by using a combination of chutneys and sambhar.

I'l try by the conventional method today. What combination of raw rice and idly rice you suggest ma'am?