Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Varloo, your photo is absolutely "photogenic"!! :biggrin2:

2. Chitvish

Dear Radha, idiyappa mavu gives very good & soft ml mav gor kozhukkattais!!
    You have "stumbled" upon a new vada, looks like?? Great that it was a yummy discovery!! :)
    You are becoming a real seasoned cook now!! :thumbsup

3. Chitvish

Arch, now a days I too substitute coc powder for copra.
    I am surprised that you are making such traditional samayal!!

Also aviyal with buttered toast?? It is too new a combo for me! Good that you are trying out new combos & that too good ones.
    Always idlis with ready batter, are good but not "oho""!! oothappams too come out well!!
    Arch, I am so sad tat my MW conked out!!:-( I realise no one would have taken the life out of it as much as I did. Planning to buy the next.

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ma,
    Its very nice to hear you had splendid time....The oil was not so hot I went over your tips as directed by Radha and from there I learnt oil was not hot so finally my chaklis came good...Thank You Ma....

5. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Dear Maami,

Hope you had a wonderful vacation.

Yesterday I made MW malai chocolate and it was too good. I was unable to cut into pieces hence sprinked nuts and it became super malai chocolate halwa. I oped to do it in the stove method.

Love,

6. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

had a get together at home n the menu from ur recipes were--starter -kuzhi paniyaram with coconut chutney,

the mains were achari dal paratha -very novel way to use the achar ,paneer in tomato sauce(prepd the sauce+red capcicum as given in your pasta with home made sauce ),brinjal masala,onion n mint biryani,raita,semiya bahala bath,made araichu vitta sambar with old cucumber,

desserts were--madur milan--very easy in assembling and the no compromise in taste .the usual sweets gave an altogether different exotic taste and melt in mouth type.
    ,and yes i made baklava at home !using phyllo sheets and the filling and baking times followed ur recipe.made a day before and allowed it to soak.the next day it was ver well soaked and the baklava was classic in taste! the food was very good and as always your recipes were of a great help.

Thanks for all that you are.

love
    raji

7. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Attached Files:

9 people like this.
  8. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

MW Conked ? Aiyo, I hope you get the new one soon. I cant imagine a day without MW, now. Absolute must. After I moved in to this apartment, my housemates say that they have discovered new uses with MW. I have converted maggi noodles eaters to sevai / MW pasta / MW carrot curry eaters :)

So, friday night around 4 girls were watching a malayalam movie when a scene with a bajji kadai comes. Out of sheer guts and enthusiasm, we started making bajjis. I opened your SBS on my laptop and we all started to follow photo by photo instructions. Was fantastic. It was sheer luck that we had the dosa maavu. Made onion, potato and paneer bajjis. When I told amma about it, she simply could not believe me. Paati refused to even think we could do it midnights. I think these are the fun elements of my 'girls together' life. Was such fun.

One of the girls in my house attempted kozhakattais, but it was so kattai - totally unedible. Dint want to disappoint, but decided I will make it sometime. Your SBS has such detailed instructions and we get processed rice flour. Thinking when and how. Havent told amma yet, she will probably get a mini heart attack because she has never made kozhakattais, not a tradition in family at all.

Since friday night went berserk, saturday stuffed with oats upma and fruits for lunch, and a lettuce-apple salad /toast/juice for dinner. Sunday was cleaning day, so morning made chinna vengayam vetha kuzhumbu and potato curry. A friend made beans curry and rasam :) Later last evening, I made paneer parathas with water (for freezing) and have got two for lunch today with pom-raitha.

How was your vacation? I am so happy for you!

Thanks, Thanks, and lots of love,
    Arch

9. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra Ma'm,
    Hope you had great vacation.
    On tuesday I made Jiffy Paneer Subji:thumbsup with rotis.The best part of it was 'absolutely no preparations' & the bonus being very tasty, my DS loved the name as well:rotfl. The Kozukkatais turned out very well & we all enjoyed it. DS is slowly trying sambars now & he loved Arachivitta sambar,he even ate Millagu Kuzhambu by himself.Saturday dinner was chappati & subzi Makhani, full of veggies & very tasty.Thank you for such variety of recipes.
    I'm flooded with ripe bananas yesterday & I have to make something today, so browsing thru the recipes:hide:.
    Love,
    Damini.

10. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Raaaaji,

What wow photos! Just saw them :) Baklava 'va va' calling types!

Love,
    Arch