1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone from Portland, Maine

Discussion in 'Indians in Maine' started by rswarna, Jun 25, 2009.

1. rswarna

rswarna New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    Any one from Portland, Maine. We are in the process of moving from Philadelphia to Maine, Just trying to know about the apartment & cost of living there in Maine. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you in advance
    Regards,
    Swarna. R

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Swarna ,

I saw the title Portland , ME and opened your post.. :) I thought I shall reply but since you are asking for details for relocation.. let me ask my friends who live in Maine.. Will get back to you soon on that.. When are you moving ? Do I have time till july 4th weekend.. Since I am going there with my firends to Eagle lake, portland. Will talk to my friend in person and see what info I can gather for you .. Ok ?

3. rswarna

rswarna New IL'ite

Thank you for replying Preethi, we are moving by mid of July.

4. nn23

nn23 New IL'ite

Hello Swarna,
    We will probably be moving to Portland shortly. I was looking for some local info and saw your post. Have you moved in - how do you find the place?
    We are currently in NYC area, it would really help if you give me some info:)

I'm looking forward to the 'smaller city' feel and slower life, but can't sem to find any temples close by. Did find 1 indian grocery store tho :)

Thanks in advance!

5. barg

barg New IL'ite

Hello GUys,

My name is Bhargavi. I am moving to Portland, Maine for a new job at IDEXX. I am looking for a good area to move in and also, for good apartments-either single or shared. Would any of you be able to help me with this. Your suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing from you.

Barg

6. SowmyaNSatya

SowmyaNSatya New IL'ite

Bhargavi hope u would have moved and settled by now....I need ur help plz...
    Can you pls let me know details abt appt,climate and cost of living We r planning to move to Portland,Maine in mid of September from India.

Thanks in advance.

Sowmya.