Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramya,
    For all my toast recipes, au gratins & baked dishes, you can use Cheddar cheese. Go ahead & have a cheese-blast !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

the sago-milk-jaggery payasam is an absolute treat.
    just tasted it. D's back fm school and she also tasted it.
    I made this out of good life milk and the texture is so creamy and so very tasty.
    It's an easy and quick payasam.

thank you sooooooooooooooooo much for sharing yet another nice recipe.

L Hs & Ks

3. Chitvish

Dear Meena,
    Thanks a ton.
    I wonder if this is a record breaking FB in the shortest time?
    L H K,
    Chithra.

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi mami,

I think u missed my FB of the cauliflower rice and sodhi..that i posted in the morning...
    I logged in eagerly to receive a pat on my back from u, but..........:cry:.

Bye.

5. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear C

Made Pav Bhaji this weekend and it was awesome - I guess your recipe is magical because I make it pretty much the same way minus methi powder and capsicum, but this time it was prefect in terms of texture and taste...

Made atta biscuits. It was well, wholesome as well awesome - rapidly disappearing from my cookie jar. Since this is the first time I have had this, wondering if it is crispy or soft. Mine was crispy( like thattai ). Also, your picture of atta biscuits is a visual treat - was it shaped with a cookie cutter? How did you get the holes???

-Gayathri.

6. Chitvish

Dear Saraswathi,
    Oh, no, don't cry baby - I give you not only an extra pat, but an appreiative hug as well, happy?
    Please go to
    Coconut milk-Vegetable kuzambu - known as Sodhi in Thirunelveli.
    Is that what you mean? If so, I will change the name in the index!
    Now that I know who you are :)idea), I want you to certify if it is a Thirunelveli recipe !
    Don't resist too hard, tasting! Not worth !!
    Thanks a ton & sorry for the omission to note this !
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra
    I had a small get together for ladies and kids last week.I t was your recipes all the way.I had made maddur vadai,bread with vegetable cream,pineapple cream with chinagrass and sponge cake with strawberry and cream topping,chocolate fudge.It really came out well.I had also made uppma kozhakattai with brinjal kothsu.Everyone enjoyed it.Thank u so much.I have one more this week.I intend to try so more new ones.I have 2 doubts.One is if we do not get veg jelly what do we do?I used strawberry jam.Can it used as such to spread or do we have to mix it with little hot water to spread?Second thing is when I kept the chocolate fudge in the microwave it overflowed ,why is it so?Thank u once again for those wonderful recipes.

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot mami...

I just now saw ---- Coconut milk-Vegetable kuzambu - known as Sodhi in Thirunelveli....
    I m just a sundakkai...how can I certify what u have posted. :mrgreen:

When I saw the recipe of sodhi...I found it easier than the above mentioned one. So, I grabbed it and did it for the first time on my own...Anyway both tastes almost the same....

Though u found out who I m, I would like to mention that I was born in Chennai....when my parents were in Mylapore :clap....before going to north india(Madhya pradesh and Orissa)...After marriage I moved to tenkasi and then now in Gulf..So I m a rolling stone.....

Ok I will not bore u further...will be back with my FB later...
    bye

9. Chitvish

Dear Kanaka,
    It is nice to read your long list !
    For gelatin, the only substitute is instant china grass - nothing else will help the setting.
    In the MW, always use big tall micoware to prevent overflowing. It is worth investing in one specially for this.
    I am very happy , thanks, Kanaka.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Leo

Leo New IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

I made MW Besan Ladoo on Saturday and it tasted divine.

Some of my husband's friends had come over & they loved it. They asked from which Indian Store we bought the ladoos? They were bowled over by the professional way of sticking a cashew on top of the ladoo. I was really happy with all the praise I received and I owe all that to you.:-D

I simply love your easy to do recipes as I have a 1 year old son and it is tough to find time to cook for long hours. The best thing is about your recipes is it is easy to make and it tastes yummy.

Chithra you are really touching so many lives with your great recipes or I should say mouths or stomachs;-)

:thankyou2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.