1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Four conversations !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rrg, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Four conversations !

1) Balu & Malathy:
    Balu : Malu, I had been to Ramu's house this afternoon. It appears tomorrow is Varalakshmi Vratam. I didn't realise as you have not taken it up. Kamu (Ramu's wife) wanted me to tell you to come in the evening for manjal kumkumam (haldi kumkum) or vetrilai seeval (betel leaves & nut shavings) whatever.
    Malu: So, what did you say?
    B: I said 'yes. certainly'. Why?
    M: Why??? Can't you tell her to invite me directly? You talk counter to whatever I say at home; but whenever someone else tells, you implicitly obey. It is afterall a ladies' function. Who are you in between??
    B: Look, Malu. Come to think of it, I could have told her. It was my mistake. Also, knowing that you two were pretty close to each other, I thought no harm carrying her message to you.
    M: Carrying her mesage? Periya (Big) Hanuman. Ramaroda messajai Thookindu vandhuttar ( come carrying Rama's message). Who said we are close?? At every opportunity she tries to put me down. Last time in the kitty club gathering ... . Oh, leave it. Better to tell this to the wall here than telling you. Here, she is trying to cut my nose and look who is running errands for fetching the knife!
    B: Don't blow this issue out of proportion. At least for my sake can't you go to their house tomorrow evening?
    M: You mean to say I am shameless to run to her house for a recycled blouse piece, just becuse you foolishly nodded your head?
    B: Ok, Ok. I will tell Ramu right now and ask his wife to invite you directly. Will that do?
    M: For what? Making a fool of myself. That is what precisely she wants so that she can tell everyone. Verum vayaiye melluva. Ippo avala veray podungo. (She is capable of munching with nothing in her mouth; Now, you are suggesting to feed beaten rice into it). What all she would make out ofit in the next Kitty's party??? God knows.
    B: What do you want me to do now?
    M: Why do you ask me now? Did you check with me before nodding your head like a 'boom boom madu' (performing bull) to her?? Do whatever you like. Indha ambalaikalukkellam eppodhan budhdhi varumo? (Will these males become intelligent ever?)

2) Balu & Ramu:
    Balu : Ramu, today when I visited your place, Kamu wanted me to ask Malu to come tomorow evening for manjal kumkum or something.
    Ramu : Yes, I know.
    B: I thought about it. Being a ladies function, it could be better if Kamu invites Malu directly.
    R: Yes, I agree. I wil tell her to speak to Malu over phone right now.
    B: Let it not look as if it is at my request that you are speaking to her.
    R: Common sense, dear friend. I will naturally make it sound as if it was my own suggestion.
    B: Thanks yaar.

3) Ramu & Kamakshi:
    Ramu : Kamu. I noticed you were telling Balu, when he was here, to ask Malu to come for vetrilai seeval (beetel leaves & nutshavings) tomorrow. Won't it be better if you also directly invite her?
    Kamu: Why? Your friend complained , is it?
    R: Why should he complian? Did he not readily agree when you suggested? I was only thinking about it. Anyone will feel pleased if directly invited, isn't it?
    K: I only wish you atleast have one tenth of this compassion for me. She has so much of bloated ego that I deleberately did it to cut her to size. Don't get involved in ladies' matter.
    R: I have told you what I thought was right. Do as you please.

4) Kamakshi & Malathy: (next day morning)
    Kamu : Hey, Malu. How's life?
    Malu : Great. I myself was planning to call you. You don't sound your normal self.
    K: Indha ambilaigalum avargaloda egovum (These males and their egos). Thangamudiyaley. (I am unable to bear). At times I feel that the world would be a better place to live, if there are no males around.
    M: Why? What happened?
    K: Today is Varalakshmi Vratam na. I wanted to invite you for vetrilai seeval. When I casually told my DH about it, he started jumping, 'You had already told her husband yesterday. Why do you want to keep calling her again and again? She will come if she wants to etc etc.'. It took me some time to make him see reason that it being a ladies' function, it was only in fitness of things that I invited you directly. Also, anyone would be pleased when directly invited isn't it? Why should I not give that happiness to my close friend?
    M: Ennadi, Kamu. For coming to your house do I need any invitation at all. But, as you rightly said, the male ego - Oh! impossible to live with. Ever since he returned from your house yesterday, he was jumping non-stop - 'What does she think of me? a messenger?? Can't she pick the phone up and invite you, if she really wants you to attend. After all it is a ladies' function. You should not go there at any cost.etc etc'. It took me a great deal of presuassion to make him see reason "kutram parkil sutram illai" (if we look at the faults only in others, we would soon be left with no well wishers). Would have been there even without your calling me now. Don't I know that anyone will feel honoured if someone comes home for 'vettrilai seeval'. I would certainly love to give that happiness to my dear friend always.
    K: Don't I know you, dear. See you in the evening.
    M: Looking forward to, dear.

Anbudan,
    Rrg / 12th Aug '11

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
    15 people like this.

2. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Rrrg,
    You are capable of getting Doctorate in ladies Psychology. :)Man what an observation & how aptly you have put.Yes such conversations do occur now & then even if we like it or not.
    //Ennadi, Kamu. For coming to your house do I need any invitation at all//.Ha ha .Nice stunt.

3. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Nice one Rrg!
    Agree with AMbika that you have understood women very well
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading this :)

4. Nemo123

Nemo123 Gold IL'ite

The post was too good. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for making me smile.

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rrg:rotfl:rotfl
    Simply fabulous!

I speak only for myself here, you certainly have portrayed my confused ego perfectly...crossed the "t" and dotted the "i"!

Very entertaining; You should write screenplay for a comedy movie! May be you already do!:cheers

6. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Really a nice one and i enjoyed it a lot and as all said ..you have understood women well..

Waiting to see more from you.

7. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

this post brightened me up. :) True conversations which happen in everyday life has been written so well.

8. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

That was so funny! Perfect pick me up for a Friday afternoon, glad to see you back in these forums!

9. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Dear Ambika,
    Pleased to know that you liked this post. Initially, I did have a little bit of hesitation before posting it. I was not sure how it will be received.
    find IL ites have taken this story in the right spirit. Big Thanks to every one of them.
    Cheers,
    RRG

10. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Dear VC,
    Thanks for the FB & your compliments.
    Cheers,
    RRG