Short Term Stock Picks

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by shaishav, Jul 28, 2011.

1. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Just wanted to know if it would help if I share some good stock picks for short term. How many of you invest in stock market?

Shaishav

1 person likes this.

2. kalaisiva

kalaisiva Senior IL'ite

Hy Shaishav

I would suggest Rcon, bcon, bank of america, AMD which are best for short time picks and inexpensive stocks

but still i am not that much good in stocks..these are my suggestions what I do...

but there are lots of options for expensive short time stock..like CRM, Netflix, Citrix, Amazon adn so

3. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Hi Kalaisiva,

I track the US market but only to take cues for Indian Index like Nifty & Sensex. Here, I am refering to Indian market and stocks.

Anyways, I would suggest you to look at the technical charts for short term trend to take a call on long or short side.

Happy Investing..

Shaishav

4. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shaishav,

For me, short-term is around 3 months. What stocks do you suggest for the tenure? I am mostly looking at bank and auto stocks as they became affordable during recent times. But i am planning to wait for few more days (Aug 2) to be exact as US debt ceiling decision will have an impact on out sensex.

Waht would you suggest? Wait or buy now?

5. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Shaishav

nice to see you back!!

Yep pls do share your thoughts on stocks for short term...and could you clarify what is the time period you are looking at when you say short term?? is it in 5 to 6 months or 1 to 2 yrs?

6. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Hi Orion80,

For me short term is 5 days to 3 months. I would ideally exit my positions when I see 5% or more return. So, historically speaking I exit my positions within a month.

I do not analyse any sector as such. Instead I take a call based on the technical charts for short term positive trends.

Regards,

Shaishav

7. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Hey Sri,

I was just too busy with too many things in life. Though I kept checking the posts but did not get time to write to my satisfaction.

For me short term is 5 days to 3 months. I track Indian markets only and will suggest stocks listed on NSE mostly.

Your current location is US and I don't know how much you will benefit from my tips here :)

Regards,

Shaishav

8. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply Shaishav.

Wow.. 5 days!! I am not a stock market guru like you. So i tend to play safe :)
    I try to pick the stocks which are fundamentally good but tend to fluctuate during dips, like FMCG.

Can you suggest any particular sector or companies to watch out for?

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

shaishav,

5 days..that is great.
    do you use technical indicators..and if it is not asking too much which demat??.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i also do the same as you lakshmi. i have some good dividend paying fundamentally strong..and others that were but riding rough shod because of the economic temperatures..and on top of it i hold them from a nre demat..

have to open a local one for myself.