Has anybody experienced this situation in your life?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mickeymini, Jun 15, 2011.

1. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

All are correct in their own way, I went from Chennai with 0.2 % of hindi knowledge, with the learn Hindi in 30 days triedto understand the language.

Later after 6 years in Raipur [chatisgarh] went to Gujarat, I learnt to read and speak Gujarati with the base knowledge of Hindi.

This language problem is common and natives do join thier group. Best is try to be with them even if you can't contribute for some time and study each and every lady, everyone has some weakness, try to befriend their kids and invite them for idli, sambhar etc.

Or prepare and send them home, I can bet there is no one who can't fall for idli vada,sambhar.
    Now you have to show your talent may be embroidery, needle work, stitching, cookery class, sloka class, music or tuition for small kids in English, GK or if you are good in any subject some tips giving class for the flat people. You have to prove your worth by exhibiting your talent and skill. Now try and find out thinking on this line. All the best.

Could you specify which part of India you are in? So that I can try to help you out?

2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mickeymini,

Generally northies consider hindi as their common language for communication. They are well versed in hindi and its the most popular language in north than English. Thts the reason they opt for it.

Given a chance i would always want to converse in my mother tongue than any other language as i am very much comfortable with it. Same applies to them as well.

Where ever there is a majority that wins mostly. In your apartment you find north indians so hindi is their language.

Actually speaking they should have conversed in english knowing that u donno hindi. If they are not doing it then u dont have to mingle with them. They are not open for you. You can have a better company than that group.

3. jyoti478

jyoti478 New IL'ite

Hi Mickymini,

Went thru ur post and could understand your loneliness. I too am South Indian but born and brought up in Mumbai, so maybe I found it easier to mix. There were times when some friends of the local community used to converse in their language and I used to feel left out. I started feeling as if I belong to alien community. Then I remembered the saying, "If u can't fight them, join them". I made an effort to understand their language, watched local movies on T.V and today I can say there are times when they say that my local language is better than theirs. I think of the efforts I put thru and smile. This does not mean we r bowing to their attitude, rather it means that we r capable of learning a new language. Take it up as a challenge rather than feeling lonely. After all language is only a means of communication. You can always express with your smile your friendliness rather than trying to mix in purposely. One day will come when they understand that u are secure in yourself and are not dependent on them. Then u will get good friends who will make you grow. You have to be patient and humble and friendly. Don't take things personally. It is better to just smile and remain silent rather than make meaningless conversations. All the best!!!!!!!