Positive thoughts- Meditation helpful or not?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by jyoti478, Jun 7, 2011.

1. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

When this programme is telecasted in TV ? which channel ? Just curious to watch it.

2. jyoti478

jyoti478 New IL'ite

Hi deepa,

Happy to read that u r interested in watching this programme. In mumbai, it is telecast at 7.10 p.m. till 7.40 p.m. in Aastha Channel and from 10.05 p.m. to 10.40 p.m. in Sanskaar Channel all 7 days and on Sundays from 9.30 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. also. Do watch it and let me know ur views on it.

3. padma777

padma777 Senior IL'ite

Very nice article. A shift in consciousness is what we need today. In the beginning we may feel it difficult to digest but with time we can understand the core of the narrations given by the Brahmakumaries. In a woman's world full of tension we r badly in need of a calm and quiet exercise of our brain and this is nothing but MEDITATION.

4. jyoti478

jyoti478 New IL'ite

Dear Padma,

You are right. A shift in our consciousness is what is required. Then we think, why only me? Why can't the others change. I too used to think like that. But after Rajyog, my eyes opened that we are all bound by matrix, what we do unto others, comes back to us like a boomerang. For some evil people, it takes time to come back as his previous life's karmas might be good, but they get it back sooner or later. Like the bomb blast which killed innocent people. We tend to say that God is unfair, but when Veerappan, Osama were killed, we never thank god or give him credit, we just rejoice. Justice always prevails, sooner or later. God can only give knowledge, he does not interfere with free will. It is always our choice, whether to use a knife to cut vegetables/fruits to make a beautiful carving or kill someone with it. Our thoughts lead to action and action leads to our destiny.

2 people like this.
  5. padma777

padma777 Senior IL'ite

Really when someone does something bad then we want a quick punishment for him from God but that is not there always. Due to some good actions in the last birth that person enjoys life for a while. But after that he suffers miserably and we are not there on the spot to witness it , so we think God is not listening to us.

1 person likes this.
  6. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Thats so well put out Jyothi. :hatsoff

7. jyoti478

jyoti478 New IL'ite

Hi Aspire,

Thanx dear. I really wish sincerely that all ladies realise the importance of good and positive thoughts. They can change the world's current scenario which is strife with wars, right from the ones fought in the local trains to international wars. I believe we can make the world change as women are more adaptable, courageous and have utmost faith which most men lack. We become happy by small things and adjust ourselves to every situation in life. This is done outwardly but within us there is a war between what we want and what we do. If we can realise where our true happiness lies, then we can change the people we live with. Love has to be unconditional in order to change lives. It is a tall order but the peace and happiness and freedom we achieve on working on ourselves is so wonderful that the past seems such a waste. We become more efficient, memory improves and energy level also increases. Try it to believe it. We waste unnecessary energy on trying to change others when we can conserve it by changing ourselves, by first accepting ourselves with all our faults and gifts. So thumbs up to our spiritual growth.:thumbsup

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jyoti,

Yes, meditation gives a kind of calmness of mind and control of thoughts.Even 15 minutes in the morning and if possible 15 minutes in the evening makes a lot of difference.
    I also like BKs attitude very much. I watch BKs programme on Astha channel. The small small tips that Sister Shivani is very useful in dealing with day to day life. I get a quote from BKs Positive reflections in my mail box....very thought provoking. If we change our attitudes...life would be peaceful. We cannot change the whole world.....but we can change ourselves, atleast to some extent. Even a little makes a lot of difference in our lives.

9. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jyothi,
    You have taken a rare gem of a topic though I am familiar with meditation I dont know about Raj Yoga and is there any chance as I have hearing problem which hinders me in knowing so will you please help me by sharing what you saw each day in this thread...Thank You..

10. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Inclusivity is important and gender does not really matter, right? :)

100% true what you have mentioned.

I am loving this topic because of that. Thanks to your thread!