Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear C

Made bittergourd chips( method 1 ) day before and bajji yesterday. There were simply out of the world. This is the best bajji I have ever made - very crispy...! Will it stay this crisp for long time - just wondering if I have to take some precaution if I make it ahead of time as starter in any party.

-Gayathri.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gayathri,
    Thanks for the "moru moru" feedback.
    Bajji will not stay too crisp for a long time, but still will be very good !
    For me, bajji is a favourite, crisp, soft or any way !
    When I had masakkai, I used to ask amma for bajji & sambar, ofcourse with curd sadam for lunch !
    In Madurai, near our house, there is a small restaurant called Narayana's. If i stay in Madurai for 3 days, bajji, vellayappam & thavalavadai are a must from there for evening along with a hot cup of Visalam Coffee !
    BTW, thanks for including (like Varloo) Ask Chitvish, in your signature, Gayathri !
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    after kalyana chappadu for 2 days, yesterday I made paneer kheema for dinner with chappathi. Wow, a very different tasting dish and we all loved it. Aravindh is a paneer fan and loves it in any form. He liked it immensely and sends his special thanks.
    (I wanted to make a different dish than paneer butter masala or mattat paneer, so decided on PK).
    Next trial will be Jain kadai paneer, soon.

4. Saveri

Saveri New IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

Long since I gave you some feedback. I have been trying out some from your treasures. For the thanksgiving weekend we had been to our s-i-l's place. I made mangalore poli and chocolate burfi and took it. Mangalore poli came out so well. I was afraid it might eeshi - but it was absolutely fool proof and we all enjoyed it a lot. chocolate burfi, I was confident as I had already made it once for Diwali.
    Yesterday, I made kalyana rasam. Wow! the aroma and the taste was totally out of the world. I am a rasam priyai - i could have drunk the whole pathiram, it was soooooo good. Thankyou thankyou.

Regards.

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    am getting ready to make Channa Batura for dinner today also. Brother in law is here and wanted to give him a good treat.
    I made chow chow and ash gourd kootu with bengal gram dal using the kootu maavu. No coconut. R and bil both liked it very much.
    Thank you.

6. Chitvish

Dear Varloo,
    Aravindh is like me - a lover of paneer !
    Yes, try Jain kadai paneer - it is a semi-dry dish.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Saveri,
    Thanks for the F Bs.
    Suddenly many are trying poli - I am so happy !
    Kalyana rasam & Chocolate burfi seem to be perennial favourites, taking a lead over many other recipes !
    So, you are a "rasapriya" like me, I think !
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Varloo,
    Yes, kootu mavu is a blessing ! Now I have further simplified & make diet kootu, the most easy way. Will post it shortly !
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I made channa batura for dinner yesterday as planned and it came out very well. BIL liked it very much, we too enjoyed eating and of course, thought of you too.And thanked you for the wonderful recipe.
    In the hotels, once we eat the batura, the plate will have a liberal oil residue. And one starts to feel very heavy in the tummy half way.
    Your recipe eliminates all these and one can eat more than one.But I do make in smaller size.Channa was so tasty.
    Thanks, thanks, thanks ..........:hatsoff

10. Chitvish

Dear Varloo,
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    C-B is an eternal favourite. I like this recipe with makai ka atta because it is more tasty !
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.