1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

infants bowl habits

Discussion in 'Infants' started by shanthinisiva, Jun 26, 2011.

1. shanthinisiva

shanthinisiva New IL'ite

My baby is 2 months old . She is on brest feeding. she passes stools once in 4 or 5 days. Is that normal?
    Please someone answer my problem

2. dipshikha

dipshikha Junior IL'ite

Dear shanti,

I am a mother of a 1 year old toddler and when my baby was at your baby's age i remember she used to pass stool in a day for 3 -4 times and she never had any bowl problem . It is infact important to young infants to pass motion in a day or two otherwise there might be some stomach problem . My advice is please visit your pedetrician as early as possible or call him/her and let him know about it... young infants are very delicate and we need to ensure to constantly seek advice from pedetrician at earliest.

Thanks,

1 person likes this.
  3. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, Whilst it is a good idea to see the doctor, it is normal for some babies to poop even once in 5 days. If this was always the case, i would say yours is one of those. If its a recent development and happened only once or twice, wait to see if it gets ok on its own and then see the doctor.

1 person likes this.
  4. shanthinisiva

shanthinisiva New IL'ite

Thanks to dipshikha and Brinda1 for you advice I took my daughter to doctor . I feel that my brest milk is watery . so doctor advice me to give formula twice a day.