Positive thoughts- Meditation helpful or not?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by jyoti478, Jun 7, 2011.

1. jyoti478

jyoti478 New IL'ite

Dear friends,

After having gone through many Trials and Tribulations and blaming God and Luck, I think finally I have got the answer to wt everyone asks themselves, "Why Me?". After having lost my parents at a young age and getting married and troubled emotionally at my In-Laws, I just became withdrawn into myself and started wasting away my life and doing things on automaton like a robot. Now after nearly 16 yrs into my marriage, I got solace after doing Raj Yog meditation at Brahmakumaris. I too was led to think that they cannot make a difference, but they did. Many misconceptions about BK were wiped away only since I started attending their classes. I did my research on them. I listened everyday to Sis.Shivani's teachings on Happiness and how to become peaceful and strong on TV and found that I could understand the reason for my unhappiness. Till then I did not think I was not happy, I had just taken life for granted and that this was how the world worked. Now I realised that once I change my inner world-my thoughts my outerworld also changed. It was not easy, as u have to first remove all skeletons from ur cupboard and accept ur mistakes. But, believe me, once I changed my thoughts and perceptions of people, they all started behaving nicely towards me. I found it easier to get along with all types of people and it has certainly made my life happy. In fact my in-laws started responding in caring ways, wn all I did was to forgive them mentally and love them with my heart. I know it sounds far-fetched to u my dear friends who r right now undergoing torture at their in-laws hands, but believe me, it works. A shift in consciousness is all that is needed. U have to try it to believe it. I would recommend Brahmakumaris Raj yog meditation to everyone. Pls don't believe the humbug anyone says about them. People who badmouth r the ones who do not want to change. After all which meditation course is free of charge(Raj yog course is free and as per your convenient timing as it is one-to one) and do not put any restrictions on you. They may tell you to abstain from Non-Veg food, physical relations during this period of meditation course, but it is not compulsory. It is only like the doctor telling u to abstain from certain things during his treatment period. It doesn't mean the medicine won't work, only it may take longer. Pls let me know wt u feel about this.:)

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    i will also recommend meditation .it does not matter where you learn from if the person is trained but the benefits are immense.
    in a way it teaches us to accept whatever life is throwing at us ,think positively about it & arrive at solutions which will benefit all & not just us.it makes us more calmer & more in control of our emotions.it teaches us how to accept negative emotions but not to act on them.
    yes,it has positive effects on relationship as it makes us more aware of the signifiance of other people in our life.
    try it
    pragati

3. jyoti478

jyoti478 New IL'ite

Hi Pragati,

Saw ur reply today. u r right, it does not matter where u learn, but it is important to implement it in daily life. Hope every lady realises this and makes her life beautiful.:thumbsup

4. gulaal

gulaal Bronze IL'ite

Hello Jyoti,

Nice to see your post. I also attended BK rajyoga course after hearing sister shivani. I found it very helpful. I too searched about them through the net and found both positive as well as negative views. But, after few days I lost touch and their teachings fades away.
    Again, I started thinking WHY ME with so much of troubles. Today, I was sad and was thinking about BK course and I saw your post. Now, I am truly inspired and will start the meditation soon to see the positive change in my life. Personally, I am truly inspired by Sis Shivani teachings.
    For how long you are practicing rajyoga meditation?

5. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

This is something many people struggle with. If possible, can you provide few example of how you accomplished this.

On a side note, this reminds me of a quote from Anne Frank, whose family was in hiding during Nazi Germany,

"...in spite of everything I still believe that people are basically good at heart"

6. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Jyoti478,

I have been watching the TV programme talks of Sis. Shivani in Headlines Today @ 6:30 am everyday. She is always so calm & composed.

You have highlighted on a wisdom which we all miss out. It is not the listening/learning only that matters but how we try implementing it in our lives means a lot more.

Thanks for sharing this.

I have observed from my experiences that if "one" has a control on once "thoughts" then they stand a better chance of the way they handle situations and the outside world. Meditation helps to do that.

Glad to note that it helped you! :)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  7. jyoti478

jyoti478 New IL'ite

Hi Gulal,

I was so happy to find so many like-minded friends and happy to know that indirectly through me you were reminded of Rajyog. As for me, I just did my course in Oct, 2010 wn I was going through a very trying phase of my life and it stabilised me. Now I attend Murali classes almost every Saturday and make it a point to watch Awakening with Brahmakumaris on T.V. everyday. You too can watch the episodes if you cannot make it to the Centre frequently. Whenever any person or incident hurts u, just remember it is only a Drama and ur karmic accounts are being settled. Don't worry dear and remember god every hour. The strength, peace and knowledge you get from this remembrance will sustain you throughout. Take care.:)

8. jyoti478

jyoti478 New IL'ite

Hi Aspire,

I was happy to read ur post. And u r right one who has controlled the mind has achieved the most difficult thing in the world and it is not difficult at all. All you have to do is check your thoughts frequently and then you realise that 75% of the time, we tend to think about worries about future or regrets about the past, which makes our life more negative and we attract similar incidents. In Rajyog, we are taught to check our thoughts every now and then and make it positive by only changing our sentences in mind. In the meditation course, we are taught to channelise our mind to reach god, as it is believed that meditation cannot be achieved by just trying to quiet the mind, mind needs something to think, so think right. They make meditation very easy to follow and do at home. Moreover, you don't have to become a yogi or leave your family or spend money to achieve peace. This is what attracted me to their center in the first place. I watched their programmes on TV and found it helped me to understand my self and my path. You too can try. Believe me you'll be a changed person and this change will be for better. Take care, bye..

9. jyoti478

jyoti478 New IL'ite

Dear friend,

I read your post and was happy that you too are on the right path of your life. Till I did the Rajyoga course, rather I would say till I had not listened to Sis Shivani on TV, I felt like I was victimised for my simplicity, but try as I might, I could not bring myself to torture others for the way they behaved with me. So what happened was that I hated myself for being a coward and felt hurt by others behaviour. These were two crosses I had to bear. I used to be apprehensive about others, as to wt they thought of me and trying to please everyone so that they would be kind to me. It all backfired as they enjoyed hurting me more. Now, I realise that in my heart I was expecting them to behave badly and my self-respect was too in shreds. Once I changed this thought by thinking that it doesn't matter who thinks what about me, I know that I am a pure soul and the person who behaves badly is only picking up my vibrations, otherwise he/she too is pure like me, the people I associated with as relatives or even strangers became friendly. It was like magic and a burden lifted from my heart. I fell in love with all the things nature had provided and every moment became special. You have to experience this to know this. Hope you understood my transformation. And the quote "As within so without" is very true. Best of luck to you and take care:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  10. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Thanks Jyoti. The programme you attended sounds interesting and filled with positive vibrations.

I keep watching the TV programme of Sis. Shivani daily since it helps for now.