1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

I-765 L2 EAD Application pending for more than 90 days

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by spari, Jun 10, 2011.

1. spari

spari Senior IL'ite

My L2 EAD Application is pending more than 90 days and i called yesterday and raised a service request and got 16 digit reference number.Its seems i can hear the status within 30 days.

I did paper filing and got the I-797 notice letter from Nebraska Service center and i have not undergone biometrics or any RFE.During this period i dint receive any letter for RFE.Does paper filling goes this way without biometrics/ RFE?

Is it mandatory to wait for 30 days or can i go ahead with infopass appointment to local office? Please let me know how to proceed further.

Thanks,
    Suganthi

2. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

For paper filing, there is no biometric..if your application has any problem or missing any document, then only an RFE is issued. As far as I know, there is no info pass appointment nowadays. They have stopped it..not sure..just google and find out..

I don't think you have to wait for another 30 days to know the response. Usually after the service request, the status will change within 2 3 days..i hope you put a request for expediting the process..

3. spari

spari Senior IL'ite

SmileAlways,
    Thanks for clearing RFE part.
    Service request was raised yesterday and i keep checking my status now and then.
    :eek:mg im struggling to get my EAD Card.

4. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pari,
    You neednt wait for 30days.In your case since there was no response even after 90D I would suggest info pass appointment.They havent stopped the infopass facility.It will really help to speed up the process.Good Luck.

5. naanvetti

naanvetti Senior IL'ite

spari, like all other mentioned here you dont have to wait for 30 more days.
    also, one of my friends faced the same problem. after the infopass she immediately got her EAD.
    dont worry, you will get it soon

6. parimalapalani

parimalapalani Junior IL'ite

what is mean by infopass?
    I have applied EAD for my husband? now the status is in production of new card...and they have mentioned that we need to wait for 30 days?

if we get infopass ... no need to wait for 30 days thats wat you are referring above

could anyone suggest??

7. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Hi Parimala
    If the status shows card production then there is no need to take info pass appointment.They will mail you the card and the status update will show that your card has been mailed.Infopass is a service provided by USCIS where you can meet an officer in person if you have any concerns/queries regarding your case status(if there is no response even after 90D of filing your application).

8. spari

spari Senior IL'ite

Ammukutty & naanvetti thanks a lot for the info.
    I have scheduled for infopass appointment online through USCIS Site on June 21st.Slot starting date shows only after June 21st.
    Incase if we request through customer care is it possible to schedule the infopass before?

Thanks,
    Suganthi

9. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Good that you took the appointment Suganthi.I am not sure whether customer service can do anything about that.Just give a try.Good Luck with the ead process.

10. naanvetti

naanvetti Senior IL'ite

I have heard of cases where they call the customer care & they get a response quicker. Surely worth a shot but not 100% sure.