need ur inputs people!!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by joylava, Jun 8, 2011.

1. joylava

joylava New IL'ite

I need to start my career again .. I am in US on H4 for some time now.. was a homemaker till now.. no kids,bad health for some time, so couldnt try for H1..

Kindly suggest me good Online education universities and specific courses which can yield good jobs in US as well as helpful in India..

I am not a IT person as such.. Also any work from home options available??? Please help.. need to jumpstart my life and career..:::idea

any suggestions will be appreciated..:thumbsup

Luv
    joylava

2. PetiteFashionB

PetiteFashionB Senior IL'ite

Hi Joylava-

Congrats no making a right decision at not-late time.
    Since you have gap ,it might take little time for you to find a job or getting used to job - hunting .
    Now it depends -on your visa status and kind of kill set you have or wanto to have.

1.Assuming you are on H4, you need to find an employer who would file your H1b.
    Surf through different desi websites ,talk to recruiters and tell them about ur situation. That would be your first step.
    Also its gonig to build your confidence as you talk to ppl.So talk to everyone.

2.Start forming a resume and building your skillset.
    Forward your resume everywhere............Dont worry if they dont call you.

If you want to join some course, you can do that do.
    If want a career in IT. for women 'testing/QA' is best and you get stable jobs.Also as you mentioned health problems, testing is not that stressful.

Some women i have seen do oracle or dot net jobs too with some courses.

It might take time but dont lose heart.You have made right decision.Sitting at home alone w/o kids in US is very difficult.