1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair styles/Hair Cuts for long,short,curly,frizzy hair..requests and suggestions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Rajjo, Aug 25, 2007.

1. honey

honey New IL'ite

Re: Hair styles for long hair

hi radha,
    :wow thats a wonderful website. even i droped the idea of cutting my hair short.thanx for sharing n keep on sharing withus
    bye

2. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

layered hair cut

When went for a hair cut the other day ,the stylist told me that I can have a layered cut to make my hair look more volumised.So I was wondering if I later change my mind to have a even look..does my hair grow back even?

Any thoughts and experiences....

3. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Re: layered hair cut

I have had layered hair cut on and off for past two years. Hair grow back but you would need to get them cut as even. For they grow really fast , so I dont care.
    And Layered is easy to for styling also. It looks great with or without setting it.
    Inward and outward curls look amazing.

4. shravanthika

Thanx ria for the info....

Does it the hair look more denser...more volumised after the cut...

reg the curls...do you need to do at home thereafter to maintain the curls?

1 person likes this.
  5. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shravanthika,
    My hair is very thin so when I once went to a hair stylist she did a layered hair cut. And this cut makes my hair look more volumized. It adds a different style too. Plus u can go for short layers or long ones. Since I have a long hair I went for short layers. Short layers add more layers and make ur hair look more dense. Regarding curls u need to style them.
    -Priya

6. shravanthika

Hi Priya,
    Thanx for the info..and I think it might help me a lot for I do have a long thin hair...but recently I just cut it short for I did not like the leaner look...So I have to go for layered cut next time...but I fear abt the hair growing even later...but Ria says it would...so I'm going to take a chance...By the way are there any pics on the web where I can have a look of the layered cut?

What made you go for layered cut...Is it your own decision or the hair stylist's suggestion?What is the difference between short layers and long layers and which is better in your personal opinion...Did you go for curls?Is it easy to do at home?How did you choose your stylist/salon?

I know....lotsa questions...but I hope you are patient to answer...

7. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Sorry Shravanthi...I couldnt get back to u earlier as I didnt log into Indusladies since couple days. I went for layered cut on hair stylist's decision. In short layers they start cutting short layers layers which adds more volume. In long layers they do cut long layers of hair. Which hair style is best actually depends on your hair length. If you have long hair at least below your shoulder length then go for short layers else go for long....most of the celebrities have layered haircut for example Jennifer Aniston has long layered hair cut most of the time.
    I dont curl my hair. I straighten it most of the time. I never cut my hair myself since i dont have faith in myself :queen.
    If you want a good cut you better to a good local hair stylist. Some of my collegues go that salon so they referred. And the place i went ew need to take appointment atleast 3 month earlier...i know its sucks...but their service is really good and they really changed my hair style completely.
    In fact for you too i would suggest you go a local hair stylist and they would give you a better style which would suit you.
    Hope i answered all your question...:)
    -Priya

8. priyadharshni

priyadharshni New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

I've read your thread, i have some questions to discuss about..
    i've done a layer cut but i have a nutural wavey hair which is long
    so this style doesn't suits me for couple of month i couldn't leave it loose., but now it is ok ..
    I usually tie my hair.. b'coz it looks odd for me whn i leave loose

Suggest me a hair cut which i can leave free without tieing it up and the length should also remain the same Bow

9. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Sorry for reply backing so late as I was in India for couple weeks and came back this week. I also have a curly hair but I straighten it....did u try straightening ur hair while u had layered cut??

10. priyadharshni

priyadharshni New IL'ite

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">No priya i dint straighten my hair.. I afraid that I may loose my originality and it would reduce the density of my hair.. so I layered with my noraml wavy hair itself..

suggest a good hair style da with a medium hair length...
    <TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">