Can two pregnant ladies stay together ????

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by omsrisai, May 19, 2011.

1. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Just wanted to check with you all if two pregnant ladies in the month of six and seven stay together in a same home.

Waiting for your answer..

Uma

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

yeah why not . i dont see any reason not to stay that way.

3. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

Mee too.. Dont see any reason why not.. Why are you asking this question?

Is it in reference with "clashes between the two ladies" or "is there no space to fit both the pregnant ladies in the house" or is there any other problem?

4. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

I am not sure in the traditional way or any sentiments you are having..

but may it will be good and also helpful to stay together.

5. twity

twity Bronze IL'ite

Omsrisai,
    Ya it is being said that no 2 pregnent ladies should stay under one roof in TN. But i am not sure the reason behind that. Even i have heard of stories where one of cosisters aborted to avoid this situation of staying under one roof during early pregnancy.

Regards,
    Twity

6. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

twity,

I also heard the same.I do not know the reason for it.But its better to follow this.

7. nupur12

nupur12 New IL'ite

Yea off course!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. rohinimrinalsin

rohinimrinalsin New IL'ite

obviously, they can stay under one roof....and what could be better then that......both of them can share their experience n feelings at each n every stage of their pregnancy......if both of them are compatible with each other , it would be a nice experience for them .....

9. lotusgirl

lotusgirl Senior IL'ite

i could see no reason for not staying together.. but after trying ti think of all posible reasons this myth might have originated, i can only think of the scenario where 1 lady could loss the pregnancy and then have resentment/sadness/jealousy towards the other pregnant woman & the baby.. the other pregnancy might be a constant reminder..
    but i really dont think thats applicable any longer where the pregnant woman is not confined to the home alone these days.. in the event if a loss, she still would in all probablity come in contact with the same said lady or other pregnant woman...

i cant imagine the scenario described where co sisters have aborted because 2 pregnant ladies cant stay together!! thats bollocks...

what about the times when joint family was the norm and with huge families, there could be always more than 1 pregnant at the same time...

So dont try to think too much and enjoy the pregnancies...

10. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hi

My sister had her second baby 15 days after I had mine and when I was 7 months pregnant, my sister flew down to my place for my seemandham. She stayed for 2 weeks. Earlier in the pregnancy, she had terrible nausea and I was lucky to not have too much nausea. So I went to her place in California and stayed there for almost 3 weeks. Both of us have very cute healthy babies now. So please do not believe these myths!