Ask here - The recipes you want from ChitVish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Priya Amarnath, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

The only alternative is , trying in a non-stich tava.

Dear Jaya,
    Please do not feel discouraged. My V has eaten more " kindina dosais" in my younger days than well-formed ones !
    Why not you try with a non-stick tava ? Since you write your tava is heavy, I am suggesting this. That is likely to solve your " kindal Problem " !
    So there are 2 members already registered for dosa class !!
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

my guardian angel

Dear Mrs C,

U r my guardian angel, yes you are. Today is my husband's birthday, so last night at 11pm, I made angel barfi. With my mom's help, made soft syrup. And the burfi was so perfect.angelic. Just now had a piece with my morning tea and it had set so well. Shall try to post the pic soon to you. Hope to try a prathaman today, since my husband loves Kerala payasams.

Have a looooonnnggg list (as Meena will say), shall send it over soon.

lots of love
    Vidya

3. Chitvish

Vidya, you are a delight !

So your dieting spree is atleast partly over ?
    Do not ever think I am angel - far from it ! You can verify with my better-half !
    He will have mmmmaaaaannnnnyyyy sroris to tell you about the other side of me - ofcourse, you will not believe him, being my true friend !
    Before the list becomes one mile long, do post the l...o...n...g list of F B s.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Number of Servings

Dear Chitra,

I have a request to make. When you post the recipes and ingredient measurements, could you also tell us how many servings are possible using the measurements that are given by you? I know this is a bit abstract, but if you can tell us, how many cups of kheer (in case of deserts, ) or for sabjis, how many chapathis can be eaten with the amount we make, that will be good.. ( We could even take hotel servings as an example).

I know this is a bit too much of an asking, but will really help.. because sometimes we don't realize how much we need and end up making too much..

Thanks
    Vidya

5. Chitvish

Tricky question, Vidya !

Somehow I never believe in the no: of servings given with the recipes ! You can take my proportions for roughly 4 people. Kheer - 1/2 litre will come for only one serving. 1 cup rice for pulao or mixed rice is usually for 4 people. I can only tell you approximately !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

yes, tricky indeed

Sorry to butt in like this. The rice recipes with 1 cup uncooked rice is okay for 4 people if there is another rice dish and chapathi. If making for family of 4 adults, we may need another half cup.
    I made the brinj last Saturday with 1 and 1/2 cup rice (increasing all ingredients proportionally). There were 7 people, I also made lemon rice, curd rice, sambhar, plain rice, raitha and potato fry. Everything was finished, it was just enough for all. The brinj could have been more, I did not get to eat it. So plan according to the number of people and also number of dishes.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

7. kyuva

kyuva New IL'ite

need recipe

somebody help me out ,I need a recipe for ghee biscuit (nei biscuit "south indian style" ) ? Thanks.

8. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

9. ridhi23

ridhi23 New IL'ite

Hello Mam,
    I have previously prepared only tamarind based Vatralkuzhambu as given by you in the Tips section. In that the measure of tamarind was given as "big lemon size" but in the CVVK the measure is for tamarind paste. Can u please tell me what size of tamarind ball do I need for CVVK? I have read soo many superb reviews of CVVK, Im sure it will be as wonderful as all your other recipes.
    Regards
    Ridhi

10. Chitvish

Here it comes Ridhi !

You can use an ordinary lemon size - since the tomatoes are not very sour & give only thickness .
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.