Second Pregnancy Support

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by chikyala, May 23, 2008.

1. nupur12

nupur12 New IL'ite

Hey don't you worried about this there is no need to be worried about this.Be calm and cool after some time you can manage both child.
    "Good luck" :thumbsup

2. careerlife

careerlife Senior IL'ite

Renjiniag - i am also in the same situation...it gets a bit difficult to manage the toddler towards the last few months, but otherwise it should work out fine...al the best..

3. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

I am pregnant with my 2nd baby.
    some of the BF issue which i faced with my 1st child i want it to clear so that i don't face similar pronlems with my 2nd baby.
    My kid used to cry within 30 mins of BF.I used to feed him wen he was one month old for 20 mins and burp.Then my MIL thought milk was not sufficent so introduced formula around 30 ml (twice a day)when baby was in 2nd month 60 ml (twice)in the 3rd month and so on u till 4 months old.But immd he used to vomit almost half & after soemtime little little......like that.
    I used to think what is going inside baby stomach.But my MIL never listened to me & always made me to feed Lactogen telling baby is HUNGRY.
    My baby used to gain adequate wt: ,and diaper wetting also was proper.
    After that i joined my husband.5th month & 6th month i used to feed my baby every 2 hrs almost strictly and twice apple/orange juice,-40 ml. (Gerber fruit juices).
    My question is whether my kid used to cry intial 4 months becoz of hunger and the LACTOGEN feed really helped him in any way?
    He is a healthy active baby.
    I do not want same thing to be reapeted this time as well as i am seeing that BF will be sufficent untill baby is 4 month old atlest.

4. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Hey ladies.... I'm planning fr my second, it's very scary..I have 2 old boy he is too much work. How r u ladies managing n juggling two kids.

5. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Rosenav,

My son is 2.5yrs old. He'll turn 3, in Nov. He gets very excited to go out, play with other kids, or if someone comes home, he gets too excited & starts playing until he gets fully tired.

But, we're actually waiting for his 3rd birthday.

I feel once he turn 3, we can teach & train him a little to share with other kids. So, that we can plan for our second one. But, deftnly, we may need parents/nanny help..

1 person likes this.
  6. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

glad that there are some people out here to share and who have experienced the same I am doing now. I am 2 mths pregnant and my elder one is 1.5 yrs old now...god its so difficult. sometimes I feel like sitting in a corner and cry out aloud. I love my elder kid, she is just acting for her age and i adore her totally but I have terrible nausea and my body is so tired and aches like hell. I feel like sleeping for a couple of hours but it's hard with her running around the house. I am just praying that this stage gets over soon and I feel better and energetic some day soon.

1 person likes this.
  7. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

@bhappy awww bless you, I just feel like that ,my son is in terrible two phase ..screaming trantums ,it's so scary sometime...my dh helps a lot with him, I'm hoping this goes by soon..we will be putting him in a play school soon ,he can burn that energy off n sum time off for us well lol, my dh wants a second one...I'm not so trilled but he helps a lot with our kid and house...so he is convince me that he will do his best...let's see.

@Anitha hope u doing good. I know I can't wait fr my lill one to start talking soon...I wok make I easy for us, he still blabbers a lot , it's so difficult to train him now :)

8. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

Hi Rosenav, Glad your DH helps you around the house. My DH is not that type. he has hectic work hours and the remaining time he has he thinks about finances and home improvements and gardening. This eats most of his time at home and I am left with cooking and cleaning and the toddler and one more on the way.

There is no other go and I have to do it so i am just trying to do things slowly at my own speed. My DH always has his b/f and lunch outside only. I am not able to cook for him and he eats very simple dinner at home.

9. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Bhappy is someone coming to help with your second pregnancy? Maybe you can put the lill one in play school for few hrs.... It might give u guys sum breathing space, its so tough being pregnate n toddler.

My house is a wreck...it looks lie we r hit my hurricane, I have no energy to upkeep I get so scared when I get guests ..I have so much to clean lol

10. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

Hey Rosenav, yeah I am planning to get my parents here for my delivery but that we are planning to talk to them on this only later. There are so many problems that I am facing in my family to bring my parents here for my delivery..that's happening as a separate story line in my life.

Regarding my house, your looks like only hit by hurricane, mine with Tsunami ,tornados and earthquakes :( I am going crazy everyday with this vomitting too. I feel like my life sucks with no fun but when i see my daughters face I gather all my strength somehow goshh sorry dear for boring you so much with my story.

but i am just glad that you heard me once at least though you don't know me :) thanks for that.

1 person likes this.