1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Atomar,

I always used to give up too but when I decided to be regular with it I kept it in easy access and I made a mental note that after each meal I need to fill my dairy. You can stick notes to remind you of filling your dairy and you need to carry your dairy everywhere you go.

In few days its just becomes a habit. Now, if I do not open my dairy every single day I feel really weird. So starting from my breakfast the first thing I do is enter my food details.

Force yourself to adopt this habit, its a real good one to keep you always on track.

Love you dher sara too.

regards

2. Savvyheal

Savvyheal Gold IL'ite

Dear Shiva and all friends,
    Greetings!
    How are you Shiva?
    I'm back after some time.
    I was very busy with year end work.
    Continuously had to work for 25 days without a single day's break and also had to work for atleast 14 hours a day.
    Last week, I went to a hill station had a very nice time. It was a part of a conference.My husband had come with me.
    We walked around the lake and did lots and lots of walking.
    From yesterday I have started my routine ET, walking and proper home food.
    Hope I reduce soon.

3. chitraraaj

chitraraaj Senior IL'ite

Dear Shiva,
    How are you? you might have forgotten me. :hide:am here after a long time. March 7th i delivered my baby thru c- section. Now am breast feeding him . Any suggestions to lose weight without affecting BF.
    Take care ...

Cheers,
    Chitra:)

4. beautybird

beautybird New IL'ite

Dear Shiva:coffee
    Thanks for your replies.
    I maintain food diary, but i dont know how to use that in weight reduction pls help me :idontgetit:

U replied in one post that For first week reduce 1 kg and second week reduce 1 kg then go weight maintenance for 3 weeks. so what difference in food and exercises i should make during weight reduction and during weight maintenance.:goodidea:

can i take tea along with protein food. eg for breakfast Hummus sandwich and tea?

I prepared Mint chutney as you said but it tastes bitter i dont know where i go wrong:confused2:

Can i take curd along with dinner.

Can i take fruits along with dinner or some hours later

How much calorie i should consume during weight reduction and during weight maintenance

Do you prepare 7 grain bun :goodidea:

I saw wheat bran as Organic bran in the form of small sticks (Just like vermicelli) Is it ok to get it

Which grinder u use to make garam masala powder. Is it coffee grinder?:exactly:

with regards
    Beauty bird Computer Typing

5. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi shiva,

iam back nd lost 1kg......how r u doing?
    iam just trying to do everything fm the start...i cant log in here often as my younger one is on speech therapy...5 days a week i have to take him for the sessions nd have to be more attendive nd train him more.......in short have to spend a lot more time with him without any distractions......but i am trying to b healthy in all these chaos nd hope it vll workout.....as u said before ......have to make a plan nd go accordingly.....vll update whenevr possible.u take care my dear frnd......missed u

6. atomar

atomar New IL'ite

Yes Shiva...i will certainly make food journal a part of my life..It will soon become a habit then

love,
    atomar

7. atomar

atomar New IL'ite

Hey Shiva..

Are you planning to start any new challenge...I miss that.. With that challenge, I dropped 2 kgs i remember...

Love
    Atomar

8. shivachoubey

Dear Savvy,

Nice to hear from you. I am fine hon.

Wow, what a wonderful vacation you had, I am sure that now you are relaxed and ready to work again towards your weight loss goal.

All the best.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

9. shivachoubey

Dear Chitra,

I am fine. The only suggestion to reduce weight while BF is to eat healthy food when the hunger pang hits.

Mostly women feel extreme hunger during or after BF. BF itself is calorie expenditure for the body hence the hunger pangs. So, instead of eating comfort or high calorie food, satisfy you hunger with fruit salads, veggies etc which are low in cal.

One woman I know, feel really hungry during BF, so she sits with a bowl of food or chips etc, her weight is reaching 100.

Remember, you will have to eat to BF but the choice to eat oily, high cal food or healthy low cal food is entirely yours.

You can really lose weight by BF alone and eating a low calorie healthy diet.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

10. shivachoubey

Dear BB

Good that you maintain Food diary. At the end of the day go over your diet that you have noted down in your dairy and see your mistakes. Food diary helps us to point out our mistakes during the day.
    That suggestion was for that particular member. BB, as of now you please do not follow it.

Yes you can.

It will taste bitter if you use stems of mint, you need to use only the leaves. Use 1 bunch mint, 1 bunch coriander, 1 tomato, salt, ginger and lemon.

Yes you can.

Suit yourself. I have fruits just after dinner to satisfy my sweet tooth.

I would suggest that you do this analysis on caloriecount. Google caloriecount and there you can fill up your details as in what height and weight you are at present. It will let you know the calories you should consume to lose weight and amount of calories you should consume to maintain weight. I did the same thing when I started with weight loss.

No not yet. Check Chitvish's recipe, she has lots of bread and buns recipes. All you have to do is reduce the amount of butter/oil (I stick to just 1 or 2 tablespoon) and avoid all purpose oil.

I guess thats the cereal. I saw it here too in a cereal box. Wheat bran looks like this

[​IMG]

I have prethi wet and dry grinder and it is fabulous. I use that. Coffee grinder is also good to make garam masala.

Have a great day ahead.

regards