Cold after missing periods!!!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ammani, Apr 18, 2011.

1. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

:confused2:

i missed my chums.... one HPT negative... one HPT positive... .appointment with doctor this week....

now from yesterday im down with a bad cold... the nose is blocked 100% (i think because i breathe through my mouth!!) :cry:

normally i either take a ColdAct tablet or have warm water with a spoonful of honey.... this time i dono wat to do... im scared of taking the tablet (normally i avoid taking tablets because my dad suffered a lot because he used to take a lot of pain killers for headaches and bodyaches, etc.. and lost one of his kidneys!!) and honey causes heat in the body and anything that causes heat is a strict no no during pregnancy... till its confirmed im really pregnant do not want to discuss about it with my family (both mom and inlaws) so please help me out... i need atleast so relief so that i can do my office work (i work for our office from home)... any suggestions??

2. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Congrats on the positive. Let us take it as positive, consuming antibiotics without doctor's advice is a strict no no at this time. Take hot soup with pepper and it will help your cold to some extent. Also you can put some vicks in hotwater. Cover yourself with some bedsheet and inhale the vapours. This will give some relief to your blocked nose.

3. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

sorry cudnt update earlier due to my health...

after the cold started... my health has gone to different level...

from tuesday evening severe nausea started... then wednesday morning though i felt little nauseous had my breakfast as usual!! but just after half hour everything in my stomach went down the drain!! cudnt eat anything at noon though i was feeling damn hungry... tried to eat some fruits but that too went down the drain half an hour after eating... even had very watery stools!! As recommended by the ayurvedic (kottakal ayurvedic center) doctor near our house (cudnt find any other clinic during this emergency!!! we had mentioned the doubt about pregnancy to him before asking for the medicine) had kutajarishta after dinner(dinner was ganji i.e., watery rice with kanchi i.e. salted limbu pieces)... half hour later i took the medicine and just 5 minutes after the medicine all of it went down the drain (rice and medicine)... went to gyn yesterday... now waiting for the results of the tests done... had mild fever and severe cough with the nausea and vomiting!!

First i thought it was MS but later it looked more like food poisoning to me... even doctor doubted the same!! shakehead hope so things be back to normal.... past two days only things that stays in my stomach is biscuits... really worried... just cant relax...

Please pray for me that all of these stops... and i can enjoy my promotion (would be mother)!! :)

4. shashiprp

shashiprp New IL'ite

Hi,

I would suggest not to take any tablets because some chemical terms mentioned in the tablets may affect your concieving. Thats what i have read online. If you have dry cough then gargle luke warm water stirred with salt. I know for sure it clears your throat. If you have nose block then put vicks vaporub in hot water and close yourself with your nose pointing towards this hotwater and inhale it by covering yourself with towel. That should clear your nose block.

All the best for your pregnancy test.

5. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

@shashiprp cold and blocked nose problem has gone... now only the nausea and vomitting (watery stools too).... we have tried kottakal medicines before too... it has really helped my hubby with his piles/hemorrhoids problems... rather than surgery and the english medicines which has harmful side effects and after effects!!

and its not some "jadi booti wala doctor" from the roadside... its a reputed ayurvedic center from Kerala!! google it out if you want to know more...

now after the gyn check i hope things will be back to normal

6. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

Yahooooooooo :rotfl:wow:party

gyn confirmed pregnancy...

7. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

dear ammani

Congrats on the positive.:cheers Enjoy your pregnancy. take care of your health.

8. maheswaris

maheswaris New IL'ite

Congrats ammani !! Wish you happy and safe 9m preg

9. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Congrats ammani. Have a happy and healthy 9 months

10. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Congrats. Have a happy and joyful pregnancy. Take care !