1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Carpet Freshner

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Leo, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Leo

Leo New IL'ite

Hi,

I stay in a carpeted apartment. I vacuum twice a week.

Could anybody suggest carpet fresheners something that I can spray on and vacuum so that I get a good smell in the house.

Thanks,

2. ridhi23

ridhi23 New IL'ite

Hey
    Fabreeze has a lot of sprays..and carpet sprays which u can try out.. i have tired their air fresheners and like them.
    Regards
    Ridhi

3. Leo

Leo New IL'ite

I will try it

Thanks Ridhi I will try Febreez.

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Carpets...

Yes Leo, Fabreze has a good range of sprays like Ridhi says. I have sometimes also used the normal room sprays and laundry sprays. Ofcourse there is nothing like fresh air to breathe new life into a room, but if weather does not permit, we do seem to have good options.

L, Kamla

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

carpet freshening

Dear Leo,

I watch a BBC programme,'Houses Behaving Badly' presented by Stephanie MEadows who runs a cleaning agency. For stale carpets, her long-tern freshening solution is to sprinkle soda and talcum powder on the carpets, leave them overnight. Vacuum thorougly the next day. Since I have some floors fully carpeted, I tried this. It really refreshes the carpets and removes grime and smells. On the cost side, soda is cheap, talcum powder- any cheap brand will do.

cheers
    Vidya

6. Leo

Leo New IL'ite

Dear Kamala & Vidya,

Yes Kamala there is nothing like fresh air, but due to some constraints, cant allow lot of air in, I try to do it whenever possible. So will alternate between Fabreze and Fresh air:-D

Thanks Vidya for the soda suggestion, even I read it somewhere but was not sure to try it as it is not our own place. Since you have tested it, I will try spraying soda in a small area and see if it does any major difference.

Bye

7. ASHAH

ASHAH New IL'ite

Hi Vidhya

Thanks for sharing the information. I have infant kid and some time due to health problem she pukes and though i used best carpet cleaner and spray a typical smell comes.

I wanted to try soda and talcum powder thing, was wondering which soda is to be used? soda bicoarbonate? and wont the stain of talcum stay in carpet?

Please suggest

Thanx
    AMi

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ashah/Ami..

You have addressed your query to Vidya. I thought I'd add my 2 cents!
    I think you should use the normal soda bicarb. You can get quite a big packet of soda bicarb for a very reasonable price and like Vidya suggested, get some talcum powder from your local dollar store. That should do the work. They should not leave any stains on your carpet if you vacuum it thoroughly.
    When your little one throws up on carpet, try to blot it off first with a paper towel and then sponge it with plain soap water. Then blot it off with a dry cloth thus removing all the remnants and then try spraying the spot with a disinfectant spray. You can get such sprays meant for laundry use and they are slightly scented.
    Hope that helps.

L, Kamla

9. ASHAH

ASHAH New IL'ite

Thanks kamla,

thank you so much for your advice, i m sure it would help.

I appreciate your prompt reply

Ami

10. Hopefloats

Hopefloats New IL'ite

Nail polish remover

hi ashah

you can follow as kamla says, and instead of soap solution I used to use nail polish remover. my carpets were very old and when i used soap water solution it was kind of sticky, then somebody suggested nail polish remover and i felt it was also a good alternative. you get a big bottle of it at walmart for a dollar or so.

hopefloats