To set up an exhibition for indian handicarfts in Dubai

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by annthomas, Mar 21, 2011.

1. annthomas

annthomas Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    My friend and I are planning to set up an exhibition for Indian handicrafts in Dubai, in the near future. We are in the grass root-level and would like to get some input on how to arrange for sponsorship, how to go about the whole idea etc.

our attempt is to create an awareness of the rich culture and traditions of the tribal artisans and thus create a bridge between them and urban masses of UAE.

Believe me it would make us NRIs proud to showcase the rich life, culture and traditions of our country.

Please if anyone has any inputs please do share it.

Thanks,
    Ann

2. annthomas

annthomas Bronze IL'ite

Hai...There are quite some Views, but no response...do put in ur views

Ann

3. Priyanka Mathew

Priyanka Mathew New IL'ite

Hi Ann,

Thats an excellent idea. Our companys name is Needles, we deal in designer hand embroidered sarees , runners and table cloths. The work is done by the women from the villages and the designing is done by us. It would be great to work with you. Do let me know of the developments.

4. aswathysooraj

aswathysooraj Bronze IL'ite

hi dear,
    i am also interested to participate. i am making handmade jewellery. It will be grt idea and will be grt success as too many crafters r waiting for such events. pls let ,me knw more abt ths ... when r u planning to start???