1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anandvaruna,

This time the craving and metabolism both increases. I do not diet during these days and I eat ice creams. Try avoiding junk as much as possible and eat wholesome healthy home made food. You can eat something tasty (like homemade chines, if you like, during this time)

First reduce the weight and eventually they will go. Once you have lost around 10 kgs start weight training your arms, then will tone up.

Do it after you get up and then you can have your breakfast. This way you need not keep a check on your eating timings.

Brown bread, multigrain bread is definitely better than white bread. Be it white or brown, just Google the calories in a medium/large size bread slice and that should be your referring line. So lets say 1 medium size bread has 60 calories then if you have 2 then you have 120 calories from bread itself.

Yeh, my husband fasts all the days. As far as I understand the food available in fast they are all carbohydrate and starch based.

The best thing to do in fast is to avoid all fruit diet./ I have seen lots of people doing it. The thing is it will make you extremely hungry and weak too.

Whatever you eat, make it in less oil(stick to 2 tsp oil rule).

Here are few recipes, I will be uploading more during this week.

Navratri Special - Vrat Waali idli. - IndusLadies

Navratri Special - Sabudana - Sinhgada Drop Oil Bhajiyas - IndusLadies

Navratri Special - Salad - IndusLadies

Microwave Sabudana Khichadi - IndusLadies

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blogs/shivachoubey/microwave-sabudana-khichadi-3171/

Hope this helps.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  2. m2b

m2b New IL'ite

Hi everybody.... have been a silent reader of this thread for a long time.. did write one or two comments.. but havent been active in the thread. Have been active for last 2 mths working out at least 45 mins a day of cardio ... trying to catch up 5 days in a week. Sadly havent lost any weight... may be cos there have been slip ups in diet. But do feel great after workouts .... wanted to share the workouts that I am following. Leslie Sansone walking videos. I have abt 7 of these and I do 3 miles every day. If you are in US .. its easily available there, and also can be viewed on exercisetv. I have got mine from there....and its really helpful. Great cardio workout and also low impact. So pls do try..... start with 1 mile and progress to 3 or 5 miles... real burning workouts. I need to lose at least 20 kilos and this is a start... but am happy for having found one workout that I can be consistent with... cos others do fizz out. I know a lot has been written abt leslie sansone videos here.. just thought I will add my updates....

3. shivachoubey

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  4. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

dear shiva,

thnx a lot for ur comforting words.......ur words put me at ease yaar...really it worked like magic......as if u gave me a hand nd pulled me out of a ugly pothole.....i have been on a small trip to a hill station nd came back yesterday......down with cold nd back pain.......iam trying hard to keep myself on move......not yet started walking.........i dont have a plan now as iam going to inlaws place nd gonna b there for some weeks.......but iam planning to do some walking on the terrace there nd eat healthy.......whatever happens i vll make sure that there shud b some wt loss by this mnth end......wish me luck.......thnks alot for ur support nd thank god for giving me a friend like u......u r the best.

5. CJaya

CJaya Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for sharing wonderful weight loss success story.

6. anandvaruna

anandvaruna New IL'ite

Gosh!! Ur such a terrific cook Shiva!! i luvd d way u made dat tomato soup for navratris:bowdown i just luvd it n goin to make it tonite!! today is 3rd fast, n till nw i must tell you dat i have not eaten kuttu atta puris. on first day, i tried making rotis out it on tava :idea and it came out realllllllly well with very little oil. I cant live on Fruit diet so its a BIG NO for me. I am bringing my food from home as on any normal day.

Infact, i am eating these idlis of samak chawal since day one but i liked the idea of using cabbage in those. i eat lot of curd and salt less lassis which i get from home.

One thing i am avoiding these days is workout coz not eating wholesome food (or may be psychologically) is giving me little tiring feeling whole time. so i am taking it easy for this week.

Tk care and keep helping others
    Luv u for this gesture of urs!!!

7. shivachoubey

DearRidha,

Nice to hear from you. Its normal to be caught up with situations and feeling down, we all go through this phase.

Just make a mental note of your priorities and start from there. Take small and slow steps.

Lots and lots of love to you.

regards

8. shivachoubey

Dear CJaya,

Thanks for finding the story wonderful and dropping by on this thread to comment. It means a lot to me.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

9. shivachoubey

Dear Anandvaruna,

Thanks for finding my posts on navratri diet useful. Today I made roties without adding any potato or arbi to it, it came out fine. I will upload the recipe tomorrow.

You are doing good. If you cannot do heavy workout please do continue your light walks.

Want to ask you, where can I find wheat barn in Delhi (it will be great if you can tell me where I can find it in Gurgoan.)

Have a great day ahead.

regards

10. shivachoubey