Most Memorable April Fool’s Prank - April 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

April Fool’s Day is celebrated on the first day of April. It’s a day to play trick/hoax on people. Have you played the prank on your friends?

The most common trick of adding salt to a cup of coffee or switching the spices of salt and pepper shakers may not be exciting. Perhaps remarkable prank would engrave in our minds forever.

Do you have such memorable April Fool’s prank? Then the contest is for you !!!

The contest for the month of April 2011:

Most Memorable April Fool’s Prank

Take a walk down the memory lane and share with us the most memorable April fool’s prank in your life. Make sure your entry doesn't exceed 200 words.

Points to be noted:

• An IL-ite can post only ONE entry.
    • Entries should be posted only in this thread for it to qualify for the contest.
    • Strictly NO COPY PASTING articles from other sites / magazines.
    • Interesting and creative prank will be selected by the panel of Judges for a Special gift.
    • The contest ends on 25th, April 2011.
    PS: Any questions about participation in the contest, do post it here in this thread and we will respond to it.

We look forward for a huge participation !!!

2. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

Neither creative nor very interesting, I guess.
    Just to make a point that I do not subscribe to Western or Eastern superstitions, I joined a job in a national institute at Rahu Kalam on Tuesday, the first of April in 1969.
    To this day am unable to decide who played the prank on whom.

The general consensus is that I played the fool.
    I console myself that at least I contributed one fool to the All Fools' Day.

Arunadhri

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  3. vasanthymoorthy

vasanthymoorthy New IL'ite

My unforgettable moment on april 1st

Last year I fool my best friend.
    My friend always afraid when her result comes.
    so i choose that kind.
    I called her on phone and lied her your result came for u,give me your number i will tell your result on phone.
    Suddenly she cried and told the news to her friend also.
    10 mins later i called her and said "APRIL FOOL".
    After that she smiled and scold me lovely.
    She is the first fool on that day.
    I cant forget that moments.

4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Interesting Contest :thumbsup

This happened when we were in our ug final year and we were in the cafeteria when one of the girls came to us and announced that she was in love and getting married in a temple nearby as her parents did not agree to the wedding and they had no other choice. She wanted us to just accompany her to the temple and stand with her during the wedding. Most of us were shocked beyond words and tried talking her out of it, but in vain. She was firm about her decision and insisted that she would go ahead no matter we accompany her or not. So, we decided to accompany her with lot of hesitations and made it to the temple where we waited for the groom and his family/friends. Time kept running and the groom never turned up. This girl started panicking and was in tears. She tried calling the groom but was unable to reach his mobile. Finally, we tried to persuade her to make a move as everyone's eyes were on us now(group of girls standing outside the temple with panic displayed clearly on our faces) and she would not budge. She kept crying and blabbering something about waiting there for eternity until the groom comes. Finally, we forced her to move from there and started walking towards the college. The moment we reached the college, she wiped her tears, and with a huge grin, shouted 'April Fool' :bonk. All of us knew it was April 1, but we least expected this and now it was our turn to start crying(out of being fooled,and all the panic and nervous attacks that we had at the temple) and hit her(not hard) :rotfl.

In real life,that girl got married to the love of her life in a grand wedding ceremony arranged by the parents :thumbsup

5. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

It was during my college days. Water scarcity was spreading its tentacles in all glory. In Hostel, water is supplied from 6 30 to 7 30.. in the morning.

40 students in each wing of the hostel. 6 bath, 6 toilets.
    So people can assume the crowd for that one hour.

31st midnight, i went down to the public address system of the hostel block. Guys dont sleep till 1 or 2, so the whole block was awake.

I announced this, in tamil: Dear students, tomorrow morning water wont be supplied for maintenance reasons. So water is being supplied NOW, so fill your buckets immediately.

There was a wild commotion in the whole block, everyone rushing with their buckets!!
    Some were preparing to take a bath for the next day.

The watchman who was sleeping got up from this noise and he cleared up things.

I know that i will get a wild 'treat' from the crowd, so i made my escape immediately after the announcement.

I still recollect it and shake silently laughing..

6. rcvedantham

rcvedantham New IL'ite

All Fools Day

I worked in AP State Govt (India)as officer of that particular department. We all colleages secretly made a plan and prepared transfer order to our colleague. The order says "to join at new place of posting immediately without availing any joining time. At the end on second page bottom we have mentioned April Fool and date of order was April 01." By seeing the order he thought it was a real order and prepared to comply with the order and was feeling. In the evening we have informed him as he became April Fool. We made him to feel joy lastly. I never forget such incident in my life. Raghavachary, California, USA:

7. SoumyaManesh

SoumyaManesh New IL'ite

It was my first April Fool after joining B-Tech. We were a very vibrant girly gang,staying in the first floor the ladies hostel located at the town-heart.
    In the free time, all of us will be near the window enjoying the place's beauty, listening to music, and ofcourse, counting the people in the town;-)
    Every guy passing by will be so tempted that they can't resist giving a glance or pass a comment at us.
    This day, the most young and most flirty among them, was roaming infront of the hostel. We thought of grabbing the chance to 'fool' him and enjoy our day! We threw a paper-bit right in front of him and hid ourselves. The guy, so excited to receive a bit from 'ladies hostel', and curious to know what is inside, looked up to our floor and then to both sides, making sure that nobody is watching(reminded us of 'Raja' in the hindi film 'DIL'), picked up the bit. And slowly, happily, blushing, opened it..
    We felt like we could hear his heartbeats even from that distance:)
    I still can't forget his facial expression when it read, "Happy Birthday Uncle".

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  8. sabita1987

sabita1987 Bronze IL'ite

This was happened when i am doing my ICWAI,as april 1st is fool day i dont want to become fool and for my luck i made others fool in my college and waiting in bus satation with my friends to return my house.We were cracking jokes and laughing when a handsome,tall and smart guy came towards me and given a chit and asked the address.As that day is fools day i want him to make fool,so i acted as a dumb girl and made some signals,poor guy he went by saying sorry.we left to our houses.That day evening my mom told me someone is coming to see me.After an hour my dad called me to drawing room and introduced to me to a family with a guy sitting in front of me and to my surprise he is the person whom i made fool in the morning.That guy asked permission with my dad for a talk with me.Soon we were left alone and i really become dumb.Looking down and said SORRY and that guy said this is not the way you should behave and i am almost in tears.Smiling at my condition he said i mean you should say sorry in your sign language.then only i will forgive.I was relieved and looked straight into his eyes.He want to see the girl before the scheduled time,that is why he asked the address in the morning which was indeed ours but i never saw the name or address in the chit and atlast became a BIG FOOL.
    My husband even now after marriage sometimes speaks to me in sign language to tease me:bonk

9. TomAndJerry

TomAndJerry Bronze IL'ite

nice one... none of you will ever forget it!!

10. zohraeali

zohraeali New IL'ite

This one is my most memorale one.. can never forget it!

It was just a couple of months after my wedding. i'm from bangalore I used to accompany my husband whenever he went to bangalore. since I was newly married I went every month to bangalore. it had been close to a month that i hadnt been to bangalore, my husband told me the previous day that "we are going to bangalore tommorrow" (i.e 0n 31st march) his usual last minute trips for work. I unsuspectingly believed him and I wasnt even aware of the date. I was truly excited to go! I packed my bags and waited for the time to fly. when my husband came back from work I told him to pack his stuff, but as always he said "how much time will it take for me to pack" and added that he'll do it in the morning. I set the alarm for 4.00 am and slept off. when the alarm went off I got up excited to go, washed my face and getting ready and my husband wakes up n tells "April fool". my faced turned RED and I was so furious I could believe him I switched of the lights and went back to sleep.

Although I was really angry that day. Now my husband teases me on april fool day! and we laugh together. :):)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.