1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Running Club

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Mar 19, 2011.

1. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely NOT Rama..you are welcome to post any tips that would keep us all motivated . Thanks for the note! I need to get into strength training as well...Have been very bad about it.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thanks for the assurance JAG! My doc also emphasised on stergth training - prevention of osteoporosis etc. I personally like the variety, so try to include. My DH also doesnot do much of strength training but does a lot of yoga stretches with me!

Well this weeks challenge has been challenging already on the first day....we have to do 3servings of veges, 2 servings of fruits and 8 glasses of water. Exercise is optional...but I don't think any of us will take a break! I am realising how hard it is to eat healthy!

3. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Hi JAG,

Thanks for your reply. I think since I am more comfortable walking on a treadmill, I'll try running on it too by building stamina like you suggested..
    Also, I never knew about the belt with pouches.. Thanks dear for giving me that info :)

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I feel like the lady in the video when I see all these marathon runners - JAG specially for you and all other marathon runners (I hope you appreciate the humor!!) You guys are amazing!!!

I'm running a marathon | Xtranormal

and xtranormal....what a lovely word!!!

5. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jag,

Nice thread :thumbsup

OK, so I would also like to join :cheers.

I also want to be able to run. I was looking for some motivation, and this thread does the same :thumbsup

I have been brisk walking in treadmill, but did not try running. I am scared I would lose weight, so did not try. Any idea how to go about without losing weight?

6. justanothergirl

7. justanothergirl

Hi Ishwaryadevi,
    Thanks for dropping in ..we would love to have u join us.
    Hmm...I can see u are concerned about losing weight..are u already underweight? If u are then balancing ur intake (in ur case increasing ur total calorie intake per day or a week ) should keep ur weight in check.
    Running taps energy primarily from ur carbs..u can increase the intake of healthy carbs like whole wheat pasta,potato or rice to fuel ur run .Ofcourse as with any cardio better check with ur doctor if u have concerns.

I still need to figure a way to keep track of a way we can manage all our goals...:coffee
    Rama ..any ideas?
    How about tickers for each of us...with our respective goals..or every week we post the total miles run + the longest distance run/jog/walk .

8. luvmygirlnbean

luvmygirlnbean Silver IL'ite

Hi Jag,

Just a quick update..today is second day of my 3miles plus(45 mins) on treadmill.However I don't feel accomlished until I complete this outdoors.I guess by weekend I will be able to.

Thanks for the motivation. Keep this going.

9. justanothergirl

Wooohooo...our first official update :cheers way to go luvmygirlnbean

Accomplishments

Luvmygirlnbean Max Dist 3+

Ok all u stealth runners...out with it..tell me all ur accomplishments and I am going to post it for the world to cheer u on!

10. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jag,

Thanks for your reply.

No, I am not underweight. But my BMI is in the lower range of ideal weight, so don't wanna reduce any further. And yeah, I would try increasing my carbs intake. Will update soon how far I could accomplish :)