1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to make kids walk..

Discussion in 'Infants' started by ramyasrini, Mar 28, 2011.

1. ramyasrini

ramyasrini New IL'ite

Hi ladies...
    My son is 15 months old .. he is still crawling, he walks with support only with walker (nadavandi) or holding our hands .. he sits immediately if there is nothing to hold..he was on my breast feed till 13 months .. and no other supplementation .. he used to have solid foods like dal rice curd rice and fruit juices all those.. at his 9 th month he was trying to stand and walking few steps .. but now he is not standing without holding .
    when i checked with my doctor she told me to feed with rich calcium diet ..and she prescribed osteocalcium twice a day .(2.5ml) .
    and everyday i am massaging him with Dabur laltail..friends please give me suggestion how to make him walk ..
    thanks
    Ramya

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

You cannot make him walk. He has to do it by himself. Apart from Calcium, make sure that he has sufficient iron intake.

He is 15 months old and he knows how to walk - so would not worry much about it.

Firstly, give away or hide the walker. Let him realise there is nothing to support on.
    Choose milk with Vitamin D and iron supplement.

Ostocalcium is generally good, so you can give that

You can visit this website to make sure he gets a nutritious food for the day:

Baby Foods, Baby feeding. Infant Milk, Cereals, Baby Food, Growing Up Milk

Other than that, keep the play with more physical activities, he should be fine

3. iluvpeace

iluvpeace Senior IL'ite

Ramya

I think you don't have to worry on that.My son took his first steps when he was 1yr and 4 months.Then again he didn't make a try for about 10-11 days a stretch!Once he re-started he then began walking steadily.

Pinky

4. amritavarshini

amritavarshini Bronze IL'ite

ramya...plz dont worry, the developmental milestones vary from children to children..my daughter started walking after her first birthday, my cousin's son who is only 2 months elder to her started walking in his 8th month..he had around 6 teeth when he was 1..my daughter got her first tooth in her 8th month only, now she is 16 months old, she has only 5 teeth..so that varies , dont worry..there is no need of supplements if ur baby eats all other food well..since he is 15 months he can have any food u cook at home...feeding is good but he definitely has to take other food also...try to give him variety of food so that he gets all his nutrients

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramya,

Just wanted to iterate the same points Amritha has mentioned...every kid has their own learning time...your kid knows how to walk...that should be fine
    my friend's son who is 20 days more than my DD started walking when he crossed 15 months whereas my DD was running when she was 11 months...it depends on the kids...
    Just encourage your LO on the nadaivandi...massage your LO's legs...make him take small steps by catching your hands...
    i think he should be fine...dont worry :thumbsup

6. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

hi ramya
    I think u had enough suggestions by one.
    No kid is same...dont worry tooo much.Some kids take their own time to walk.I even saw kids started their walk by 1.5yr
    So be positive and about your diet..I think u need not worry.

take care

7. ramyasrini

ramyasrini New IL'ite

Hi friends..
    My son is 15 months old..he is still crawling, he walks by holding our hands or with walker ( nadavandi) if we leave our hand he sits immediately . My husband is saying he doesnt know how to balance .. So only he walks with holding.. When i checked with doctor..she prescribed osteocalcium..to give twice a day for two months..and i am massaging him with dabur laltail.. Everyday morning.
    Please ladies .. Give me ideas how to make him walk with more confident..

Ramya

8. ramyasrini

ramyasrini New IL'ite

Thanks Arunadhri , for sharing such wonderful links

Ramya