1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. anandvaruna

anandvaruna New IL'ite

Hi Shiva!!:thumbsup

heheeheeee now i got the meaning of chums :biglaugh

Shiva, i have lost 2 kgs since last 3 months but i am not worried coz i know slow but steady, i will definately achieve weight of 57- 58kgs this time.. I dont know why being skinny is in FASHION nowadays!? anyways i am not striving for it as i will have to reborn for it :bonk, jokes apart, its sooooo unhealthy:rant

I used to eat unhealthy but very slowly i am changing it. Will surely be healthy soon!!

Have a look at my eating schedule:
    8.45 am milk
    10- 10.30am home made breakfast usually heavy but always homemade
    1 pm 1 chapati+ sabzi+ bowl full of home made curd
    4 pm buttermilk
    6 pm any fruit mostly apple/ orange/ carrots
    7-8 pm dal/ sabzi with 1 roti or sometimes just oats in milk

I have lost some inches too from stomach and chest!!:cheers
    Yipppeeeeeeeeee
    luv u for being such a HUGE support

Cheers
    Tk Cr

2. Mona Gupta

Mona Gupta Senior IL'ite

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Dear Shiva,
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply
    Shiva i think i have to change my diet bez at the moment i m not loosing weight, on weight maschine but my hubby told me that i look like as i m loosing weight.[​IMG]

You are right i have problem in motion . Can you suggest something?

I m doing right now 45min treadmill everyday.

Thanks for everything

3. Tina85

Tina85 New IL'ite

Dear Shiva,
    Thanx for the reply.. I weighed yesterday.. I am still at 76.8 kg... Partly it's my mistake ..for last 4 days I did not walk nor had home cooked food.. But did opt for healthy food outside.. But i know still it's not good.. I had my period and was too tired to exercise or to cook.. I was too lazy also.. But gone is gone.. Will start off from tomo.. Hopefully this week can loose some weight ..

My progress

13 mar -77.8 kg
    20 mar - 76.6 kg
    27 mar - 76.8 kg

Luv
    Tina

4. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi,
    congrats to those who have lost weight .......i cudnt log in for some days.......i c lot of new members here......hi everybody......nd gud luck to u all.....

5. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi shiva,
    i really dont know what to write to u........i feel so ashamed of myself........today i was on scale nd it showed my ALL TIME HIGH wieght.......i was quite careless regarding diet nd walk frm last 1-2 mnths........my tummy is sooooooooo huge now ppl vll think that iam in my 3rd trimester.........bcoz nothng was happening i stopped logging in here nd that was my biggest mistake.........now i have to start frm the scratch......AGAIN.......oh god i hate this...why am i messing things like this.......my life has been very hectic in the past mnths with lot of stuffs going on in my head......nd i was very irritated nd angry .........one thing i learned that i shud come here often not only for wtloss but also to keep me sane.........vacation started so i ll b mostly at my inlaws place but ivll try to come here often..........

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  6. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear MD0303,

Thanks for liking my blog and welcome to the thread. Congrats for losing 10 kgs.

Weekend eating can really set back the weight loss progress. This is one thing I am also trying to sort out. I usually do not stock any junk in my house so that stops me from eating mindlessly on weekend.

The reason why you tend to eat is because you feel relaxed and its a holiday and you want to do something which makes you feel good, cosy and relaxed.

1. Start by having a good breakfast, something which you do not have during the week and which your family also enjoy.

2. Always be ready with your lunch and dinner. So negotiate. On weekends my breakfast with my hubby is the most important thing, I just love it and thats what I have. I have a light lunch then. If we go out and I am in no mood to cook we just share a plate of food, so I get to taste and also balance my calories.

The above two points will get you started. They will induce in you the feeling of not being deprived but in the end you will have to train yourself. Its not worth wasting your whole week's efforts on weekend.

So enjoy in small portions. Happiness in small packets will give you lot of joy.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

7. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

Hi shiva,

I just weighed today it shows 56kg before it was 56.5kg. Now it is steady at 56. I am happy. Because i started eating healthy. I am taking lots of fruits and water. So though i didnt reduce much i am happy. Now a days i am getting up late around 9.30a.m so i am not walking in morning but however i walk for 1 hr at any time before i go to bed. Though i didnt loose much everone says u r looking lean and my tummy also gone little. As i am taking more water i feel like i am always on washroom. Before i dont take much water. Now atleast 8 to 10 glasses i take. Here is my diet

around 10 good breakfast with tea
    around 12.30 1 fruit either green apple/orange/whatever is there
    at 2.30 lunch 1 or half roti or little rice with bowl full of dhal and veggies
    at 5 1 cup tea with some snacks like roasted peas or some biscuits
    at 8 mostly a sandwich with bread or kubboos and apple with skimmed milk

Let me know whether i should change any of my food habits. Thankyou in advance.

with love,
    latha.

8. shivachoubey

Dear Beauty Bird,

You've been really reading all my posts.
    I eat suji or Lapsi upma. If you can get lapsi upma then its really good. Check the recipe in the healthy meal thread.

No need to boil. You need to soak them overnight and then drain. You can then microwave them for 2 minutes or just stir fry them for 2 minutes. It takes really less time to cook them.

Never tried it but its damn easy. 1 Cup wheat flour,1 tsp yeast and salt. Make a roti dough and leave it for 30 minutes. Roll out roties and then put on the pan. The pita bread will swell and puff up. You can slit it in half and then make a pocket sandwich.

They are different.

I bake bread of pure barley. I soak it over night and then crush it in the mixer and then bake the bread. I like the taste and its full of complex carbs. You can also make khichadi out of it.
    Always before and then I take my head bath.

Since the time I have started using coconut oil, I use it 2-3 times a week I do not require conditioner.

I use the normal white one for daily wash. Its good and gentle for the hair.

Have a great day ahead,

regards

9. shivachoubey

Dear AnandVaruna,

This is the best part. I am really happy to see your thinking. What matters in the end is not how fat or slim we are but how healthy we are. I am glad you are making the changes.

Your diet is fine, keep it till you reach the plateau. Slow weight loss is always a steady weight loss.

Love you too honey and keep me updated with your progress.

Have a great day ahead,

regards

10. shivachoubey

Dear Mona,

Could you post it back please as I do not remember it (sorry, I do remember that you snack on apples but no more)

Awesome.

Please check the fiber content in your diet. Morning have warm water it will aid your bowl movements. Your diet should be high in fiber, you can also take psyllium huskor isbgol.

Also, its my experience that raw food does not suit everyone. So, do steam or lightly cook your food.

If you have not increased the speed of the machine since last 10 days then its time for the increase.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day ahead.

regards