1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding Night jitters !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mlk2009, Sep 2, 2009.

1. nick

nick New IL'ite

Did you make love on the wedding night or reception night?

1.Who broke the ice first when DH and You were left alone during wedding night ?
    DH ofcourse

2.How long did u guys talked and got to know each other or talked about the wedding etc before you got into action ?
    It was arranged marriage.Hardly knew him for a week.My DH is action kinda person so 3-4 sentences and he starts the pre-action.I was shocked at his speed.

3.How many of you were actually tired and went to sleep ?
    My DH didn't let me sleep for a long long time.I was dead tired .

4.How was the next day when you had to face family and friends who were ready to tease ?
    I was a little shy but everyone was very normal.

5.Where did the wedding night take place ?
    On a bedroom in the marriage hall ie on the suhaag raat.I wanted to keep postponing it but DH said that we had to do it that very night...We went to sleep after 5 am ...trying trying trying for the whole night and finally successful....

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  2. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Good thread..
    Here go my answers..
    <HR style="COLOR: white" align=center width="100%" noShade SIZE=1>
    1. Who broke the ice first when DH and You were left alone during wedding night?

There was no space for ice or any spice..There was MIL, 3 SILs, 2 of MILS sisters perched around, with us sitting on a single bed (a narrow one!!). I was like a 'bhoothni' with my sweaty face filled with kumkum, head full of jasmine flowers, The necklaces, the Arm bracelets, the bangles and what not… decorated like a 2<SUP>nd</SUP> grade Hindi movie bahu - hate it (I love flowers but only on the plants...). After the usual Aarthi and talking (My MIL said to my husband that from then on I’ll be her 4<SUP>th</SUP> daughter and ordered him to treat me well. How sweet, I wish she kept her word of me being a daughter..I am still a DIL! And my DH didn’t need any kind of orders about how he should be treating me anyways) they all left. DH and I got connected the moment we laid eyes on each other. So..We were casual and friendly, talking general stuff.

2. How long did u guys talked and got to know each other or talked about the wedding etc before you got into action?

It was arranged marriage, but we found each other and recommended to our parents. It was hardly 15days that we met. But we went out couple of times and went out for wedding shopping, just the two of us.

Action – Hmm, just a preview, if you know what I mean! But I screamed when my stack of glass bangles were about to slide off the table and we caught them in time. People with their super sensitive ears at work thought something else. Perverts!!

But the real action was after a week or so when we got back to US to DH’s corporate house in the hills of Napa...on the open air balcony under the stars surrounded with peacocks, rabbit and deer :)

3. How many of you were actually tired and went to sleep?

We both were very tired...but I couldn't sleep any way, thanks to a narrow bed, new place and a man on my bed (the only other man, I’d sit so close after my dad. I've no brothers).

4. How was the next day when you had to face family and friends who were ready to tease?
    I was a very conscious (Felt like everyone is peering at me or stealing glances). I was given a bucket with warm water and was lead into a bathroom (I am a bathroom-a-phobic. I still have trouble using bathrooms anywhere other than my own..). I managed to get out as quickly as I can..

No teasing..Teasing is for people who are fun..joking etc etc. Here every one was SERIOUS..hmm may be I am making them all villians..But if they were not serious, they were not smiling either!!!!!! SILs were in their own world (they still are..) a little bit irritated at each other, going over arrangements and lists, MIL engrossed in rituals and her own sisters..oh..it was HOT, Sweaty and STUFFY..the only cool breeze of air was my DH poking me with pleasantries time to time. Thank GOD...

5. Where did the wedding night take place ?
    In a small bedroom in MIL's then rented place. My DH was aware of cameras being fitted in some big hotels and resorts, so he out rightly rejected any thoughts of having it any other place than home. After watching the movie ‘Kalyug’, I am thankful he took that decision. But it has a side effect too. With that doubtful mind, all of our vacations are super fun but with restricted action (any action should be under the blankies…oops..said too much
    J)

3. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Heyy Nice thread:thumbsup

1.Who broke the ice first when DH and You were left alone during wedding night ?

There was nothing like breaking the Ice and all as we had a love marriage....but yes DH spoke 1st and give me my wedding ring:)

2.How long did u guys talked and got to know each other or talked about the wedding etc before you got into action ?

Talked like 10-15mins before getting into action(again as it was a love marriage and we already knew each other). But the real thing happened only after a week.

Yes we were tired....but we choose to stay awake.

4.How was the next day when you had to face family and friends who were ready to tease ?

No teasing! We were lucky:bowdown

At my DH's house. Room was amazingly decorated. In Bengali weddings....Nuptial night takes place mainly in in-laws house where the couple's room is fantastically decorated like a honeymoon suite. :)

Priyanka

4. papoosh

papoosh Bronze IL'ite

After having just finished with one more fight ..good to find something that brings me back to the good in my life..so super cool thread :cheers

No breaking the ice as such since we'd been together for 7 years :) All that was left was completing the formality of marriage!! But yes, my own personal clown (DH) went and made our first night so very special by taking the time to open the bottle of wine and letting me relax in the bathtub before any action. In spite of the fact that I just wanted to go to sleep happy that all the tamasha was over, I couldn't help but be carried along by his enthusiasm :)

We'd been getting into all the action for years by the time we got married..and felt like we'd known each other for a lifetime in all these years..so the first part of our first night was spent sharing a couple of drinks and catching up on all the expressions on people's faces, watching a little tv before we got down to business so to speak ;-)

I was completely exhausted, my husband not so much :) But we managed to stay awake till almost the wee hours of the morning.

No teasing. The whole family was just relieved we had gotten married finally :rotfl

At the hotel we got married in, the suite was decorated so beautifully, with flowers and wine:clap

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  5. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

Good thread....only yesterday we were talking about this as yesterday was our 7th wedding anniversary :)

Here are my answers...

1. Who broke the ice first when DH and You were left alone during wedding night ?

We were taken to the room around 12 pm, and we were both quite tired...We had known each other for about 7 months, so there was nothing much to talk. As soon as I got in my hubby says I said 'Finally' ;) (though I differ, I think he said something like 'at last' :p) Anyway, we both were glad to be left alone as we had not been able to spend even 5 minutes alone till then. So there you go, no breaking ice...

2. How long did u guys talked and got to know each other or talked about the wedding etc before you got into action ?

I think we were talking for a while taht night (what night after going inside at 12??) He gave me two credit cards (add-on of course) and a beautiful card..We were talking about the wedding in general..Though there were some prelims :wink: we didnt proceed any further...The real thing happened about 10 days later as we were too exhausted after running around for the visa/relatives etc...(No honeymoon which he still cribs about)

3. How many of you were actually tired and went to sleep ?

We both were. He more than me as he was still jetlagged....the wedding was on the 22nd and he had come to Chennai only on 19th. Even before coming he had been travelling for work. He hadnt slept well the previous night too (he and my dad had been walking around the wedding hall for a while..by the time he went to sleep he teases saying that my mom and my mami woke him up with the 'mapillai pal thechu bakshanam and the 'ennai-seekai' :p). I slept almost immediately, (though i could not the following nights as I simply cannot close my eyes without having read at least 2 printed pages...) He was awake for a while and checked his email, did some work and slept around 3 am.

4. How was the next day when you had to face family and friends who were ready to tease ?

Nothing much at all. Things were quite tensed as we were planning to apply for my visa that day. But we decided that we didnt want to strain ourselves. (Actually my husband had got Mother's Day cards for both the mothers and we gave it to them. UK celebrates Mothering Sunday before Easter.. This year it is on April 3rd.)

5. Where did the wedding night take place ?

It took place in my in-laws' place, in the room we use when we go there. It was decorated with minimal flowers etc as I am quite allergic to them..

Mythili

6. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Interesting...

My DH since he had to remove all my hair pins. I could not have had a simple hairstyle as our wedding night was right after reception.

We talked for a little bit, then some preliminary actions. Actual action happened 6 months later..

Though we were tired, we spoke a lot and enjoyed.

Well.. it was a little embarrassing since DH's home was full with relatives.. I was embarrassed at how everyone was staring at me the next morning :)

At DH's home

7. Ballereena

Ballereena Bronze IL'ite

Very nice thread. Here is my share....

My DH, since he had to help remove all the pins in my hair.

We talked for sometime and then I told him what my mom had told me before entering the room "No action tonight since we have to visit a temple in the morning" :bonk. So only a kiss and we both went to sleep.

I was tired and slept immediately

I was a little embarassed to face my parents and sister.

My house

8. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I believe this is called Nirvana....

1 person likes this.
  9. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

It was in the up-stairs of my home in my native in Tamil Nadu. My elder cousin sister had spent at least one hour in decorating the bed with red roses. A big heart shape was built in the centre with roses , with roses neatly arranged in the surrounding too.

Mine is an arranged marriage. But there is an element of love also. I chose my wife and my dad did the arranged marriage. After our engagement , there was a gap of one year before we got married. In this one year, me and my friend had plenty of telephonic talks, by virtue of which we became familiar with each other well.

The day of marriage was so tiring. We both were standing in front of powerful video lights for hours together , morning in marriage and then later in evening for reception. By the time, I was inside the well decorated 'first night' room, I was extremely fatigued. Romance or sex was no where in my mind, because my hands and legs were so much in intense pain due to exhaustion. I was worried, how my wife will react if she comes to know that I am so exhausted.

Luckily, my wife, after entering the room with the traditional glass of milk, said, "xxxx (my name), I am too exhausted. My legs are so much paining. My tiredness is so much that only thing I want is to sleep. Please forgive me, if I disappoint you".

'Wow..!" Saying so, I jumped out of bed in ecstacy, hugged my wife, kissed on her forehead. I said, "I too am in the same position. The only thing I want right now is to sleep". Next minute, we took the bed sheet (with red roses), jerked it violently, so that all the red roses get detached and fell to the floor. Then, we put the bed sheet on the bed...........fell to the bed..........next minute we went into deep sleep......only sleep, till next monring 10 am.

We slept till 10 am next morning due to our tiredness, NOT due to a prolonged session of love-making. But, unfortunately or fortunately, my elder cousin sister was making comments to other women, while we were coming down from that room. Her comments meant that 'they had a marathon/ non stop love making the whole night. That is why they slept till 10 am'.

Listening to this, me and my wife burst into a thunder of laughter........Every one around us were so amused, why we were laughing so noisily, like that..!

It was one of the funniest and ever rememberable days of our life..!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  10. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Nostalgic thread , feels good bringing back all those sweet memories.

DH
    We knew each other for 10yrs but still I was very nervous to enter that room , more than me my mil was nervous , she wanted to get me ready and in that process she applied dog powder on my face and body laugh1smiley.So I had to take bath again , had to wear a different saree and this time I told her I will get ready myself.

we spoke for hardly 5mins and DH immediately jumped into action.

Our First night happened after 5days of wedding so neither of us were tired. It was an action night gigglingsmiley

MIL teased me , I woke up at 6am , took bath and went to light diya she came stood by my side and was asking me if we both were satisfied :eek:mg: , I was shocked to hear this from a MIL , I didnt know what to say she saw those love bites and understood I guess.

At MIL's house in my hubbies bed room.

2 people like this.