fetal demise in 7 weeks of pregnancy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sheejag, Mar 8, 2011.

1. sheejag

sheejag New IL'ite

Hi IL,

This is regarding my sis. She is married for two years now.They were postponing the plans of having kids for some time as she was trying to get to work.
    She was successful in getting a job 6 months back and recently she conceived and she had her first ultrasound in her 7 weeks and doctor confirmed that the foetus is not having heartbeat.She went for a second opinion but got the same reply.
    Any idea why this happened as she is perfectly alright health wise.
    So the doctor asked her to wait to have a naatural miscarriage but now its 11 weeks and she did not miscarry yet.
    My query is will this delay cause any infection to her??
    She lives in Quatar and doctors there are not encoraging D&C...Pls guide

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sorry about the miscarriage.
    I don't have much idea on this but, its not good to have the dead fetus inside womb for long. At least they can try tablets to clear. Else ask your sister to make a trip to India for this!

3. Hyundai

Hyundai New IL'ite

Sorry about the miscarriage. There could be various reasons for miscarriage and it is very easy difficult to point out one. As Vasumathy suggested, it is not good to have dead foetus inside. usually, in a natural miscarriage, they give some tablets, which needs to be inserted into vagina, which will throw out the remains of the foetus. Please check with your sister about this.
    Once she is mentally and physically thru this miscarriage, please ask her to get herself and her husband tested, so that she can correct if something is wrong

4. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

yes she will get infection and it will damage the uterus more.go around the doc asap to get the tissue removed through tabs or dnc.it 3 weeks after the demise.it is missed miscarriage.doc must have assumed that it will happen within a week or so..........did she get back to the doc stating it has been long.i don't know who is careless here.iam sorry to be direct but iam really disappointed on both the doc for not stating clearly and your relative for not getting back after a week.

do scan one more time and go on with the removal asap.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  5. shazahussain

shazahussain New IL'ite

yes usually the middle east or arab countries do not encourage the dnc or tablets as they tend to think it could be a way of abortion as well, hence they wait for it to occure naturally. very sad. i had the same problem..but i was lucky enough to be heading to india for a visit during the same time coincidently and hence got it done there...else the doc said its not possible to have it done thru tabs in dubai.. kinda crazy/sad i dunno..?!

6. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Really !!!.That is not a good one clearly.........crazy all right!.

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Only abortion is wrong with those islam countries, clearing the dead one too? Very bad!
    Hope that soul gets some support soon!

8. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

@sheeja

Even i had miscarriage at 7weeks...i came to know at 10w5d that fetus is not developing because i had drop of blood on toilet bowl. doc gave me 3 options
    natural/medicated/dnc. I went for natural.i lost it after 2 days naturally.

does she have any symptoms now?
    even my mom said fetus shouldnt be inside for long...but my doc said when i saw blood at 1ow5d it counts from there..she said you can wait for couple of weeks.

ask your sis to take medications if she have natural symptoms like cramps,bleeding.

risk of infection ..yes but it has symptoms too....too much cold,fever...if your sis has these plz go to doc immediatley...

Sweety.

9. sheejag

sheejag New IL'ite

Thanks for all the advice and support. She does not have any symptoms like pain or cramps and so will be waiting for 1 more week and consult ER.

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Its already been 4 weeks, not sure but I think its advisable to get to ER ASAP.