Periods after a miscarriage

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by an123, Mar 5, 2011.

1. an123

an123 Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I would like to know the experience of other ladies in IL who have had miscarriages before. I had my miscarriage in early last December. I know am having my third period cycle after that. I noticed that my first period after the miscarriage was pretty light. The second and third are sligtly heavier like how it was in my teen years. I also see small specks of tissue and clots.

I would like to know the experience of others who have gone through the same. Also what is the difference between a blood clot and a blood tissue?

thanks
    AN

2. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Dear AN123,

First of all sorry you have to go through all these, I too had a miscarriage in last may, and like you said mine were also same as you. Immediate one was light and from after that onwards 1st day normal 2nd and some times 3rd day heavy and spotting from there on for 2-3 days…. This is same as my periods before marriage and miscarriage…. The only difference is used to have 1st day heavy but now it switched to next day, i.e.2nd or 3rd. and also I get medium sometimes big clots in periods. I had D&C for my miscarriage, not sure about yours. Also no idea about blood tissue, sorry… did you have d&c or natural or medicated? Generally what I heard from people is if you did it naturally or through medicines then you will pass them in periods for 2-3 cycles, but not sure though….. if you have concerns about it, better to have a talk with your doc….. good luck…. And sorry about your situation….[/JUSTIFY]

3. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

@an123

Even i had miscarriage in dec 2010 .I had period after natural loss. It was totally diff..omg..i was very scared...so many diff things happened with me..it was heavy..after that 2nd period is pretty normal like i had before miscarriage.

Sweeety.

4. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Mine also ended in missed abortion.they did DNC and discharged to my house but on next day early morning i had noted some big tissue thing in dark brown.when i touch it look like liver material its a tissue.

Then i got heavy fever and met doctor two days later.as i had some abdominal pain.they asked me to take scan some left fluids and tissues there.hence she prescribe two tablets on that day.next day tissues expelled out from vagina.

for me just one cycle got over and it was very heavy than my normal.this week my doctor visit.

so if you have some tissue like thing you can do a abdominal scan.are you having any abdominal pain or fever.scanning is best you can find any tissue growth there or not.meet the gynaec without delay