Goddess Kali

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by jessz2316, Feb 8, 2011.

1. jessz2316

jessz2316 New IL'ite

Hello
    Can anyone really clear my confusion here. We are a family living in an appartment in Ireland. We are hindus and we do not have a seperate prayer room but have our gods in our bedroom.There is an idol of Ganesh another of laxmi and then a photo of Maha kali. Recently my mother in law visited us and she was shocked that we have put kali in our bedroom. I never thought that this can be wrong.My husband and myself have loads of problems financial/job/childrens' school as we are not really settled in here. She was saying that we must not keep the kali photo in our bedroom or even house. She advises to go and leave it in a temple which there is not really here. I am really confused and my problems made me think that maybe she is right. Can anyone that know for sure advise me what to do?Please and thank you:help:help:help

2. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Having a Pooja room in the same place where you sleep is a no-no. As for the pic of Maa Kali, she is an avatar of Maa Durga.

Some people are of the opinion that keeping the pics of aggressive forms of Gods/Goddesses lead to disharmony. It is not so. If that was the case, why do Bengalis keep a pic of Maa Kali?

So, just shift the poja room to another place.Have faith & patience things wil be fine.

Rgds,

Corallux

1 person likes this.
  3. queenie3

queenie3 Silver IL'ite

Pranam to all those who worship Maa Kali...

I am a North Indian... and i want to know what are the Dos and Donts in Maa Kali Puja.