1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. DivyaSivakumar

DivyaSivakumar New IL'ite

Hi Shiva:wave

Here is the detailed explanation of my workouts:

Free Workout Routines

In this link the workout for legs n butts is the one which i do in mornings n in d evenings i do cardio callanetics for 30m.

Coming to walking: Now the climate in korea is too cold to walk outside,so i can start in my room itself. Will u please give me the details how long have to walk in a day n other things to be followed.

Waiting for ur reply................
    DivyaSivakumar:)

2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Divya,

I had this video with me on vacation last summer.

Leslie Sansone: Walk at Home - 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk [DVD]#

This is a 5-mile walk at home video. Every mile is an extension, I mean to say, you can go for 1,2 or 3 miles depending on your stamina. On the days i felt i had extra stamina, I used to start from the 3rd mile and end with 5th mile. Or some days, I used to do the 1 mile twice (slow paced) but it works to 2miles. I had the flexibility with this video at home.

On some days, I just used to do 10-15 suryanamaskars and 50 count crunches (just simple bending and touching the toes will also do for a beginner)

I also had 2 lbs pair of weights. I used to combine it (makes 2 +2 =4lbs) in one hand and do it like dumbbells.
    Long time ago, Shiva sent me a link which im resending it to you. Its about arm and shoulder workout:

YouTube - Super Sexy Shoulder & Arm Workout

I always wanted to have a perfect body and lose weight from all parts proportionately. Weights should go hand-in-hand with weight loss else there will be lots of loose skin hanging later which will be difficult to tone.

Hope this helped.

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

My goal is 6 kgs by end of May i.e 2 kgs per month. I feel this is achievable. I spoke to my dietician and Gym. They have assured me that it would be possible. You know something 3 days when I weighed I was down by a kg and was standing at 84.4 but I felt my tight blouses also little loose and not to say about my churidhars it was sooo loose. I went to the tailor to tighten (almost 1 inch) but still it is loose :) when I wore it today. Had a doubt and checked my weight and I was standing at 83.5 kgs.....Shiva... I think only you can understand my happiness when I see the scales going down each day....thanks a ton honey.....

My walks are continuing so is my Gym....:-D

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

LS,

yay. i too can understand when the scales go down..now restitching the whole wardrobe. i would wait until may to revamp.. you can do it..

5. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

I am so happy LS, that you are on the way to losing 6 kg .. I am also working hard to lose 2 kg by May.. :)

6. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi contented,

glad to c u back...hope u r doin gud...missed ur posts.keep posting.

7. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi nisha,lalitha nd savy,

congrats on ur wt loss.........u guys .keep it up.all the best.

8. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi shrisha,
    how r u?its gud that u have gym at ur office ,rt?i guess u r quite busy with ur new job....not much posts frm u......drop in whenu have time.hows wtloss going.....keep us updated.

9. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi shiva,

how r u?i have been away for sometime...at inlaws place.bil's marriage....wanted to inform u abt my absence but just slipped out of my mind in the hurry burry of shopping nd packing......but the gud news is that 1 lost 1kg......the best part i was eating everything mostly high cal stuff in moderate amnt but was always on move......u canimagine na ......a marriage at home,me only dil .....no sil......
    as i was always thinking of wtloss i never got tired of running around......happily volunteered all responsibilities given to me nd even offered to mils share of work........she was happy.......selfish me na....i was doing for my benefit...yeah i wanted to help .....but my intention (u know it rt).......inspite of the wt loss i looke allpuffed up........shiva,any idea what cud b the reason.....i saw that u posted new recipes......vl let u know the fb once i try it.......need some time....my house is a mess now....i hope to loose more inthe coming mnths.....after a long time my wt moved.......one thing i learned nd which is little dissappointing to me is that i had to push myself really really hard to lose this flabs.....may bthat s bcos of my thyroid prob...
    whats happening on ur side?shiva r u trying to maintain the wt for sometime nd start again or still onthe mission?
    gud day

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hey girls a good morning to all of you.

Ridha,congrats on the 1kgs loss.

parvathi, are you still maintaining or have you put on any weight??

pman, i have downloaded the walk at home full series long time back when you were discussing, did not start working with it maybe i should give it a try.so how is your six abs goals coming up.

savvy, hope your wl is going fine.

ls did you go to the gym.
    mihisha, contented, ashimom, and many of the others here who post and who read..keep at it..

I am a little busy with home and dd's exams that start tommorrow..

but i am IN.. we will do it.