1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what did you teach your kid today.

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by asha_ram, Feb 7, 2011.

1. asha_ram

asha_ram Silver IL'ite

hi all

i have a 20 month old daughter.as many moms iam also interested in making her learn things. iam starting this new thread -What did you teach your kid today??

this would ignite a lot of our friends in making their kid a genius

cheers
    asha:cheers

2. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Hey, I have a 22 month old son. Mostly he learns by himself - watching and repeating. I have not been consistent with anything except maybe nursery rhymes.

I must confess that I let him watch Brainy Baby on TV and most of what he has learned is from those videos.

Today he showed me that he had learned what to do with socks by putting on the socks for his play date buddy.

I have been teaching him to trace the alphabets since he knows and is able to identify them. Lets see how that goes.

3. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

My LO's 22 months old too. He's learnt to read his name (not much credit to me - they do phonics at his nursery, and he's got these huge name tags on his things, so they learn to identify pretty early - but this was a surprise for me)

He's also done his first poo in the potty, today - this is MY big achievement, coz we were WAY overdue.

4. vinurenu

vinurenu New IL'ite

My son is 14 months old, I am teaching him things which are present in every room. Today, he started telling 'bucket' , 'thanni' (in tamil), brush, paste while brushing his teeth & during bathing. His favorite words in the kitchen are 'thakkali', 'potato', avacado, milk.

5. asha_ram

asha_ram Silver IL'ite

hi all

my kiddi identified ant,reindeer from her book today. she doesnot shows as much interest in learning alphabets and numbers as she learns animals or birds. how to make it interesting. i showed starfall.com. not much of success.

and a question to friends in u.s. have u guys tried any package that makes child read like little reader or your baby can read.:coffee

6. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

starfall.com is too not a success with my son yet.

He still can play games from other sites. still not there yet.

Last evening, I taught him Seasons of the year. Have to see if he can remember today

7. Harsinismom

Harsinismom Junior IL'ite

I'm teaching my kid phonics.. Pls give me some suggestions to teach phonics...