one gram gold jewelery in chennai

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by krishsudha, Mar 9, 2007.

1. aartiachar

aartiachar New IL'ite

Beaded Jewellery Shops in Chennai

Hi Folks,

Are there any shops in chennai that specialize in Beaded Jewellery in Chennai?

Also, where can I purchase beads in wholesale for jewellery making in Chennai?

I'm new to the city, so exact shop names or addresses would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Re: Beaded Jewellery Shops

Look into Jewellery making section under hobbies. Your question is answered by lots of IL.
    Jewellery Making - IndusLadies
    You can shop in T.Nagar Ranganathan st, look for Raja stores or opposite another store is there..
    If you want to buy wholesale, go to parrys corner, perumal mudali st,oswal trading stores

3. aartiachar

aartiachar New IL'ite

Hey vijikrish,

Thank you for the info. I have tried Ranganathan Street and didnt actually find what I was looking for. I'm looking for tribal beaded jewellery and I wanted to know if there are any stand-alone beaded jewellery shops in Chennai.

I will check out the Oswal Trading Stores, tho'. Thanks. I didn't know about that store. I have a 7 month old baby so going to Parry's Corner without a specific address is not really an option! :) Hence have not been able to go there to browse. I heard Sowcarpet is also a popular place for wholesale traders. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Aarti

4. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

When you say tribal beads, do you mean the beads that gypsies sell... you can find them sitting in front of sai baba temple mylapore.

I have shopped in sowcarpet, parry's corner and i feel oswal tranders has the best collection (lots) and nominal price (no bargain) Here is address 48 Perumal Mudali Street, Parrys corner
    I think I have seen tribal beads here..

Raja stores in ranganathan st, is okay shop, but I didnt like much there..

Other shop i heard from other IL that you might be interested.. call n find out if they have tribal beads.
    Tina Arts and Craft shop in 100 feet road...in Ashok Nagar...
    No.11, TNHB Shopping Complex,
    100ft Road, Vadapalani,
    Chennai.
    Phone# 24800570
    She has some contemporary collection of beads.
    just opposite to Laxman Shruthi Musical Store

I would like to see your jewellery work. Search for Beads Galore in facebook, you can find me.

5. aartiachar

aartiachar New IL'ite

Re: Beaded Jewellery Shops in Chennai

By tribal I mean Kashmiri beads and painted Wooden Beads, and those huge stone pendants that you get with a bit of metal work to put on a wooden beaded necklace and also glass beads. You get them on the streets in Mumbai....I found one place in Sowcarpet, Sun City, from where I picked up some glass beads but he is pretty expensive. He has some very good stuff but the price is kinda high for a wholesaler!!

And I would love for you to critique some of the stuff I made recently. Do you make beaded jewellery as well?

6. aartiachar

aartiachar New IL'ite

And I've been to Tina's. :) Drove down that road a dozen time before we found that shop (not a trip my husband will easily let me forget!!). They don't really have the stuff I need for jewellery making altho' they have fantastic stuff w.r.t painting. Picked up a bunch of stuff from there.

Also, just saw your stuff on facebook...its really good. I will upload som photos of my stuff in the morning for you.

7. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

8. aartiachar

aartiachar New IL'ite

Yep I have done some beaded work, need to upload pictures of them. Am planning to go retail with them if someone would be willing to sell them!! :rotfl

I shall post pictures in the morning on this thread so you can take a look :)

9. aartiachar

aartiachar New IL'ite

Hi Viji,

Here is the thread with the pictures...

Homemade Beaded Jewellery

Thanks,
    Aarti

10. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Aarti,

Your work is very neat & trendy. Iam sure your work will be great hit among college/working women group. All the best. Keep posting your work in jewellery section.

Viji