Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Amicable, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Clearblue gave false postive pregnancy result

Hi all...

I missed my period for couple of days. I am trying to concieve, so I used Easy Digital Clearblue Pregnancy kit to check if I am pregnant or not. The result showed positive, but when I got my blood test done, next day, it was negtive. Are these kits reliable? I have heard False negtive results but not false positive? Anyhow, I got my period now delayed though. But phew....what a stress of mixed emotions, I went through for few days. Post updated. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Re: Clearblue gave false postive pregnancy result

Hi Amicable,

Who to believe, that is the question!! Well i think its too soon for you yet. I know the pregnancy kits give you assurance that they will give results on the first day after a missed period, it is usually better to wait.

Sometimes periods can get delayed due to stress or other factors. But then you do say that you feel a little nauseous in the morning as well as tired and sleepy, so thats a sign. Sometimes not all pregnancy symptoms come. So be patient. If you still have not got your period for 40 days from LMP, then go for a blood test again. May be if you are pregnant, then the hormone levels will certainly be at a detectable level.

Vandhana

3. Didka

Didka New IL'ite

I also once got my period 3 days late and after a positive pregnancy test. Doctor told me it is common when trying to conceive as very early miscarriages occur. If you look for statistics will see that only one of every 5 pregnancies survives. In other situation we would not know about this, but as we test now every month we can catch this sometimes.

4. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Hi Amicable,

My Advance Hearty Wishes To U.
    Vandhana,gave a very good answer to ur question.,u pls keep that in mind.
    Take a blood test again and confirm ur pregnancy.
    Be happy..,u will get it.

Rgds,
    suba

5. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

6. swati_gan

swati_gan Senior IL'ite

Which OPK is better?

Hello Ladies,

Am back with my next month of ttc. I used the answer brand last month and got 3 positives! i.e one positive every week :biglaugh. Maybe I misinterpreted the lines :bonk. I have heard of clearblue digital ones which shows a smiley face.
    Has anyone used that. How do you use it.

Cheers!

7. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Re: Which OPK is better?

I too had used Answer for last cycle and a few this cycle too. It gave a positive when my internet brand did not, and as per my temperature shifts looks like the internet brand was accurate. I got it from early-pregnacy-tests.com (40 OPKs and 10 HPTs for around $15)

Many ladies swear by the Clearblue digital OPKs which gives a smiley face when you are ovulating. It is good but it can get expensive especially if your periods are irregular and you need to use lots of sticks.

My suggestion - Buy both the cheap internet brand and the digital OPK by clearblue. Keep testing everyday with the internet cheapie. If you see a darker line on that, then back it up with the digital OPK to be sure! That would save a lot of digital sticks and would be easier on the wallet too :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  8. swati_gan

swati_gan Senior IL'ite

Has anyone used Clearblue digital OPK?

Hello Ladies,

This morning the Answer Brand OPK looked positve. At 11:30am I decided to confirm it with digital OPK and it showed a blank circle.

My question is:

Which one is accurate?
    Has anyone used Clearblue

Last month the answer brand showed one positive each week and it turned out the positive on the 3rd week was real but we dint have IC as we thought that I already ovulated the earlier week

9. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Re: Has anyone used Clearblue digital OPK?

Don't know, but BBT, hon, always BBT. It'll tell you for sure if you've ovulated if you chart properly. Other predictors are just that. Predictors. Progesterone is the only thing that I know of, that tells that you have indeed ovulated. BBT rise caused by progesterone. Predictors will tell you that it is time for IC, and 3 days of sustained BBT rise tells you that it is safe to stop and/or reduce IC if needed.

10. kavithol

kavithol New IL'ite

Re: Has anyone used Clearblue digital OPK?

Hi swati,

I havent used clear blue, but i used Answer for only one cycle. Through lot of google i could figure out my ovulation time by myself.

Most women get a white sticky substance through vagina. Check from day 12 through 18 until you notice. You could see that only one day throughout the cycle. And have sex in another 24 to 48hrs.

Wish you good luck,

Cheers,
    Kavitha