Whats new in Trivandrum?

Discussion in 'Trivandrum' started by Priyanka Mathew, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Beena007

Beena007 New IL'ite

There is a new shop at Kesavadasapuram called Alphonsa, which is a branch of cochin alphonsa. They have a good collection, but i prefer Niveda near ayurveda college, because it is near my house and also the lady who owns the shop is very pleasing and she has a good sense of fashion.

2. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Hi
    any good salwar shops in tvm? last time i found some boutiques in kowdiar , kesavadasapuram but all too expensive.Any new shops in tvm to buy fashionable salwars at reasonable rates?

3. vinvin

vinvin New IL'ite

HI guys!

this thread is awesum! i learned about lot of new places, and cant wait to go try it out.
    but i have sum questions if sumone could name the places for me i would greatly appreciate it. ethnic weaves-is it a place where i can purchase setmundu type of materials such as embroidery work done on set mundu...pls let me know.
    a good stitching place, sumone with sum fashion sense, pls help me!

Shanthi boutique how is it? is she selling saris at home or?? does she stitch also?

pls help me guys!!!!!! i really need a good stitching place...im desperate! tailor shop or sumone u know whos really good..

thank u guys!!!!

4. geetha75

geetha75 Senior IL'ite

hai priyanka
    i am very much interested in designing sarees. im from bangalore. i have some workers and whenever i get orders from friends i call the workers and complete the embroidery on them. everybody likes my works and forcing me to start a boutique. but i dont have that much of condfidence to start one.please give some advice in this regard.thanks in advance.

5. Lively

Lively New IL'ite

There is Boots - new shoe showroom on MG Road near Statue/Pulimoodu. Good collection, prices average Rs.500 and above.

Woodlands - new shoe showroom at Pattom, just off of Marappalam Road. Pretty expensive (like Metro Shoes in Chennai)

Kalyan Sarees just outside Fort near Chalai. Collections are good, but not unique -similar to Parthas and Ayyappas...

Ethnic Weaves in Paruthippara - but didn't actually visit. Saw from outside.

New Titan Outlet on M.G.Road (near Pulimoodu I think).

JosAlakkas jewellery near Chalai outside Fort. Actor Vijay is the brand ambassodor, but don't know about prices and collection.

Kalyan Jewellers - don't know the location, but I heard the pricing is competitive.

6. Lively

Lively New IL'ite

Hi Divya
    Have you tried Fabs near overbridge? Good collection and reasonable price, but no readymades. You would need a good tailor to stitch once you buy the fabric