1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can a HOUSEWIFE be inspiration/role model to others??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by abc00, Sep 25, 2010.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

I always ponder over this topic whether housewives can be an inspiration or role model to others. I feel that - YES indeed!

Educated women who prefer to be a housewife willingly or due to some circumstances have the feeling of their time being wasted at home ( H4 women would vouch for that). Even I was one among those hit by the dreaded H4. Initially I used to have the grudge on my dh for ruining my career. This build to lot of frustration in me. I used to look for work-from-home opportunities like crazy. I wanted to try everything and anything under the sun because of unlimited time and the urge to test my skills.

In some parties or social gatherings, I used to feel bad when people used to ignore me when they realise that Im a housewife. More so when fellow women used to ignore me. What the hell! Who in the world would understand the frustration of women like me? If a housewife is more happy than usual, people brand it as having so much 'free' time and doing nothing. On the other hand, if she shows signs of frustration in general, then they would brand as an insatiable person.

Then, how can a housewife be normal ??

Working women get the reward for their hard work in the form of monthly paychecks. How about a housewife who works hard day in-n-out? Should she or not have any expectation from life? Should she render her services eternally? What is the reward for her services? Where can she go daily wearing good clothes? Who will see her and compliment her beauty?

These thoughts used to bug me all the time. I decided to change my own destiny. I wanted people to change and respect me for being a housewife, but it did not happen all the time. Hubby dear says there is no need to mention about it as it is a fact. Why cannot facts be mentioned? So, changing the world seemed impossible to me but changing myself, my attitude was what I could try.

I needed lots n lots of positive vibes to erase the deep-rooted frustration in me. I had forgotten to enjoy life. I had forgotten to take care of my little needs, to laugh once in a while,to appreciate myself, to feel good. Now this was enough for me to take a toll on my health. Eating more due to frustration ended me being overweight. Depression in general showed up as dark circles around my eyes.

Oh God! Please I needed a change.....

I started going to public library and read books.I followed a strict diet regime and lost 11 kilos. I started to fit in small sized clothes. I revamped my whole wardrobe and started to look like a hot chic. People started complimenting me and it made me feel young. Reading books once again made me talk like an intellect and when people mistake me for being a working woman , I feel great. I no longer sulk in solitude. Every day after my dh and kids are off to school, I play my favourite songs playlist in youtube to pep up my mood. I work out for 45mins- 1 hour. I enjoy my hot cup of tea. Every single day I look at the mirror and say to myself - Good morning, beautiful lady ! Are you the slim mom of 2 kids, nah ! you must be kidding ! I do not wait for my dh or others to make me feel good. I realised that I have to be happy from within to enjoy the little pleasures.

I do not crib about life now. Sometimes Im disappointed but prefer to be silent. Sometimes people understand you better if you stay calm. I do not chase classifieds or opportunities to make money.

I thank God and say my prayers every single day. I feel good when I get back to see a clean home. My kids health has improved due to change in my attitude. They always have their mom around. I no longer pass on my insecurities to my kids unknowingly.

Driving around the city makes me feel good. Though I dont have thick friends to hang out with all the time, I feel good about window shopping. I feel good about driving myself to the parlour, getting a facial done and come back rejuvenated.

I have learnt to take things in my stride and do not worry about small issues. I have beautiful things to look forward to instead of sulking about petty matters. Im doing some good things to feel good about myself and not to impress anybody.

I stopped expecting people to compliment me. I may not fit into any of the success definitions of great people but I have my own definitions of success now. Success to me is - freedom from stress, independent attitude and live life to the fullest - which I have learnt the hard way and put my soul into achieving this. Im my own inspiration now!!

I feel good sharing this with you friends here. Indusladies has contributed to a great extent in this.

Thanks to everyone who took time to read this.
    Regards,
    A successful educated housewife.

P.S: If you too have a success story, please go ahead and share it so that others can be inspired.

2. Philosopher

Philosopher New IL'ite

Very inspirational.

To answer your question, I should tell about my mother.

My mother went through all the hardships of a middle class wife. She stood as a rock in tough times, though my father was a failure professionally. She brought us up to be fighters in life and me and my sis owe our success to mom. Though she was educated only till high school, she was as intelligent as her working sisters. In fact, we are better settled in life among her sister's kids. This was only because, she faced every challenge with determination. I just remember my mom in tough times, her composure during tough times is undoubtedly a big inspiration.

Therefore, HOUSEWIVES CAN BE A BIG INSPIRATION TO THEIR KIDS, as they spend most time with them teaching their kids life lessons.

I can say proudly, MY MOM IS MY HERO IN LIFE.

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

One of the BEST I've heard since sometime ! Really ! Very inspirin and tooo adorable ! Kudos for the postive energy. :thumbsup

sindmani likes this.
  4. Tanujam30

Tanujam30 Silver IL'ite

You right there are an inspiration...Arent you?:thumbsup
    I have recently come into the H4 bracket & am glad to read about your awesome transformation. Great read !!

sindmani and abhigail like this.
  5. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Nice content....

I am happy that my mom(housewife) stayed with me right from my childhood days. I miss my mom lot as I am staying here, now my kid is happy as I stay with him.

Hosewives are the one who saves a lot. Food preparation, cleaning house, taking care of kids etc.. Evennow I think how my mom prepares variety of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, because I prepare 1 or 2 dishes. Myself my mom is great for me...

sindmani and abhigail like this.
  6. joinamruta

joinamruta New IL'ite

Excellent inspirational thoughts and very well written too.Keep it up!Would like to read more!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2010
  7. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

I love it!! Love it love it love it! You've got a great positive attitude girl, good for you! :thumbsup

8. harina

harina Gold IL'ite

Really Inspiring thoughts..........I Hope all women will feel the same as you do....
    Having a positive attitude towards whatever you do is must to all ladies......
    Taking care of the house,kids and husbands need is itself a great job......
    Do what you can, and make everything around you feel happy.
    Cheers to all housewives............

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

abc00,

I had to write after seeing the title. I am a homemaker by choice and proud at that and have been motivating influence on many of my friends. :hide:

i believe, we are what we think. if i want to be satisfied and respected, i should feel so from within irrespective of whether you are a working lady/homemaker.

sindmani and vidhyalakshmid like this.
  10. humble

humble Junior IL'ite

OP: Your thoughts are inspirational and so positive. Your family is indeed fortunate to have you and I am sure they must be very proud of you.

Very rightly said!!! Golden words!!!

OP even I am housewife by choice. I worked while we were in the US and all the time I longed to be a housewife but our financial situation was such that I had to work. Both me and my husband wanted to move back to India for good one day. And we did that couple of years back. I looked forward all my life for a decade while I was in the US. You know why? Just to settle down for the rest of my life as a housewife.
    I am happy we could make it happen.
    I love the way I am now. No rushing to work like crazy through the mad traffic, no hurry burry in the mornings. I can have my morning coffee peacefully which I longed for quite some time. The house is more organised and more so I am at peace feeling great that I am always there for my kids when they need me at any time of the day. I don't have to depend on day care or grandparents. I can sit with them giving them all the needed attention while they do their homework.
    OH!! the list is endless. The joy of being a housewife!!!!.........Ask me all about it and you will have endless pages......:thumbsup:thumbsup

Also, I can add this here that one need not be highly educated to become an inspiration for someone. My grandma is my inspiration and she is not even matric pass. I admire her positive outlook and her optimisitc nature. I seek her advice and feel happy and encouraged talking to her each time I meet
    her.