1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Going to apply for New H1b through a consulting comapany..please clarify my doubt..

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by erneha25s, Jul 22, 2010.

1. erneha25s

erneha25s New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am on H4 right now and going to apply through consulting company(ABC)..I have following doubt regarding this if any1 can please clarify it..

- Company (ABC) is ready to market my resume.
    - Then will show me as ABC employer..like i am authorized to work for ABC company by showing few years US experience in my resume.
    - Once i get my project then will apply for my H1b on my own expenses..
    I just wanted to clarify it as is this good approach to do this...
    i don't have good enough experience with consultants in past so bit confused..but in serous need of job..And looking forward to apply H1b soon this year..Please help...

Thanks in Advance,

ernh..

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Going to apply for New H1b through a consulting comapany..please clarify my doubt

Yes sounds like a plan ! go for it :thumbsup
    Good luck .

This is the most commonly used practice to file h1

3. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

Re: Going to apply for New H1b through a consulting comapany..please clarify my doubt

yes sounds good to me too..even i had approached a lot of consultancies this year and a few points to note from my experience.

1. as far as i understand how it works now is that, the company(abc) cannot file for H1 for you unless they have a project for you. becuase that is what uscis asks for first. like you said they are going to start marketing for you by showing fake experience in your resume, make sure u get a valid job offer before they file for your H1 and pay them the fees.

Why I say this is because there are a lot of consultants here, who fool you by telling that they will market your resume, take the H1 fees from you, and then dont file H1/are unable to get you a job. So make sure your consultant is genuine and he is not fooling you into anything. my research from the past 7 months has made me realize that there is no consultant ready to file h1 for people with H4 status.

Also check that the consultant is not blacklisted by the company law board/USCIS and they have filed for H1 in the past. Dont go on words, check it yourself on various sites such as myvisajobs/immihelp.com etc.
    Do a search on google on the number of H1 they have filed and have been approved

Also ask him if he has anybody still on bench. because logically if he has people on bench currently he just cant get a job for you leaving all the others in queue..IF possible get some references who are working for him and speak to them of their experience.

These are some points that have come to my mind. Dear Friend, i am not trying to scare you or say negative things about your consultant. but its important to remain cautious in this scenario when so much money is involved.

Wish you good luck and hope you get a job soon :thumbsup

4. erneha25s

erneha25s New IL'ite

Hi Neerrali,
    Thanks for your quick reply..I checked on myvisajobs and it shows pretty good information about this consultancy with visa rank in 600's and couple of H1b's filed in last few years...with good salary history of employees working in that company..
    But still i'll double check again with my consultant by asking questions you told...Thanks for help....i'll do it as u said..

Thanks for wishes too.Hope God will answer my prayer soon..:)

erne..

5. erneha25s

erneha25s New IL'ite

Hi thanks Ranchu for your reply..and wishes..

erne

6. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

Hi Erne,

That is good news for you then..All the best to you and hope you get a job of your dreams very soon. :)

7. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi,

If you don't mind, will you be able to share the consultants name, as many of us are still trying our luck for H1 and it will be helpful.

8. girl83

girl83 New IL'ite

You mean to say that the consultant will fake your experience in your resume(i.e US experience) and market you as a valid H1 holder(when you are not) to a prospective client (who thinks you are a valid H1 holder)? And if the client agrees to have you on board then go ahead and file for your H1 because now you have a project??
    I think a new H1 even premium processed will take atleast 15 days and i think most clients prefer people who can join immediately so does that not put you at a disadvantage?
    Like someone else mentioned in the thread, you will be in queue if there are others on bench.
    Even if things go as per plan, what happens if for some reason, your petition gets rejected?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  9. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Girl83,

1) Every client gives 2 week notice for the resource to join the job. and 2 weeks are enough for the processing to take place.
    I have not seen any client asking the resource to join tomorrow itself. It does not make sense.

2) a consultant will not hire 2 ppl with the same skill set. Your situation of being in queue, arises very rarely.
    As you say even if there are 2 or more ppl in queue, the consultant will send all the resumes to the same opening so that atleast one goes through. At that point am sure erneha25s can do a good job in the interview .

10. erneha25s

erneha25s New IL'ite

HI Friends,

My consulting company wants me to sign 1 year agreement which states that i am authorized to work for them as they are hiring me as their employer. and i will work for them for 1 year. I cannot apply on my behalf to the same client requirement which my company will apply to..
    I don't have any problem in signing any agreement but the thing is i am bit scared like:

what if they market my resume and i get a job offer but that is not valid and then they file my H1 by taking whole lot of money from me..I need to ask How can i check or verify that they will give me valid job offer as they are asking to sign the agreement now for 1 year and i even cant leave them after signing this agreement.
    But positive point is That they have very good reputation on myvisajobs.com and immihelp.com site..

Please help me as its urgent..

Thanks in Advance,
    Neha