1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Idol 5

Discussion in 'TV' started by kalar, May 12, 2010.

1. meenakshiraju

meenakshiraju Silver IL'ite

This is the first time I am watching Indian Idol. I liked Sreeram's singing very much. he has a trained voice. When compared to the competitions @ south, the judges are not that strict. The case with Tia, I watched her singing "its the time to disco". She went out of pitch every now and then and for her voice, mistakes can be easily noticed, so the judges can easily comment on her mistakes.

My choice is Sreeram.:cheers
    He is leading in on line voting. I hope he is leading in sms also. Let the best win.:)

2. kashly

kashly New IL'ite

I feel judges have to be strict to do their job honestly. What I think is that the judgment should not be a criticism which in turn lets down the contestant’s ability. If somebody had watched the Asha Bhosle episode, where Tia’s performance was not satisfactory, Sunidhi clearly told that Tia always had some problem in her performance and Tia will have problem in her future performance. Sunidhi should understand that nobody can predict the future. Even if Sunidhi’s intention was to see Tia in her best performance, her intention cannot be fulfilled by criticizing in this way.

Kavitha

3. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

My vote is for Sreeram too!
    He rocked this week!:thumbsup

4. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Hi!

I am also a regular viewer of Indian idol, have watched all the editions from the beginning...

I agree with you all, the contestants of Indian Idol 5 are easily the best, each one is getting better with every episode. And I too am rooting for Sreeram, his rendering of 'Khwaja Mere Khwaja' really brought tears to my eyes...

Waiting for next Monday's episode...

Padma

5. kgbhat

kgbhat New IL'ite

It's unfortunate that those who shriek are called singers and those who convulse are called dancers.Idiot box is really making idle people real idiots.

6. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

I too hope Sriram wins. I also noticed that Tia is not getting eliminated while good singers are.In all reality shows cute people get more votes than talented ones

7. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

I have watched all the episodes of Indian Idol 5 and have been watching from Indian Idol 1 when Abhijeet Sawant won, II 2 - Sandeep, II-3 Prashant, II-4 Sourabhi and now the present one.

I like the singing of Sree Ram the best of the best, he is totally flawless, no flat notes, no out of tunes, good tempo and carries away so nicely. The feather in the cap is his "Khwaja mere Khwaja" from Jodha Akbar. Superb singing. I have recorded and keep hearing it........ its much much better than in fact the original of ARR. We keep hearing both and comparing. We cannot deny this fact.

Next is Rakesh and third is Shivam. Bhoomi and Swaroop are good too.

I hopt and pray Sree Ram becomes the Indian Idol 5. He has already been booked by Salim Sulaiman to sing along Shreya Ghosal in a movie.........

Best Regards
    Shanti

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

I am also a big fan of Indian Idol and am especially enjoying the fifth Indian Idol. True, they have selected very good singers.

Swaroop Khan has an exceptional voice and sings his type of songs flawless. I am sure he will find a place in the film industry of Mumbai.

Bhoomi and Shivam are also good, though I am not a particular fan of their type of voices.

Rakesh sings very well and is always melodious and sweet on ears.

But, my choice pick is Sreeramchandra. What a gift God has given him. Nevermind what type of song he picks or from which genre, he is simply mind blowing. I want him to win this time.

I was a little upset that the judges used their one time vote to get Rakesh back. Fair enough. But I am afraid that if Sreeram loses out on votes because of his S Indian background, there is no way he can come back.

It happened once before. I think his name was Karunya and was from Hyderabad, also a wonderful singer, the best of the lot really. But he did not win the title because he did not get enough votes being from the south. So let's hope it wont happen again.

Whatever the results may be, I think Sreeram is here to stay and will make it good in the playback field.

L, Kamla

9. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Kamla

I am also worried, because the judges used their veto power to retain
    Rakesh. I dont want Sreeram to go due to his SI back ground. I want him to win this. Swaroop is okay only, but not for hero play back. Bhoomi is good for Asha Bhonsle, Sunidhi type dance numbers, but not like Latha, Alka, Shreya etc. She does not have sweet and melodious but has base voice. I really want Sree Ram to win, but God may have different plans, we will see.

BR
    shanti

10. iparis

iparis Silver IL'ite

sreeram is too good....
    he is absolutely flawless..
    i hope he wins.

some contestants like Tia stayed very long even when they were not deserving and it was really sad to see tia stay and naushad go out