1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

New Jersey gals, introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by swku_2000, Feb 26, 2006.

1. vji200

vji200 New IL'ite

Hello all,
    I recently moved to Hackensack.Nj. I come frm chennai.Anybody is from hackensack,Lodi,Teaneck,clifton,saddlebook and nearby area?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. Rnrao

Rnrao New IL'ite

Hey Everyone,

I got married and moved to New Jersey in Jan-2009. We live in Ocean Township, near Eatontown. I am on H4 and looking for H1 Sponsorer with no luck so far.

Anybody living near Ocean?

3. athreyah

athreyah New IL'ite

Hi Swati,
    This is Hema, I live in Jersey city and work in new York. I have been here for almost 6 years now.

4. papitanair

papitanair New IL'ite

hi swati,

I live in weehawken New Jersey, been here for the past 6 years . I am really interested in the fact that you are a designer... I am looking to launch my own clothing business with a unique idea but I am not a designer so I have a lot questions about fashion and merchandising.

I f you are interested please let me know maybe we can collaborate.

Thanks,
    Papita

5. gayathrinj

gayathrinj New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I am Gayathri. I recently moved to NJ from the midwest. Its GREAT to see so many indian women in NJ area.

I am searching for a good primary care physician (PCP) in Edison/Iselin area. Could anyone suggest me a good general doctor (internist) based on their experience? Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,
    Gayathri

6. SanPrasad

SanPrasad New IL'ite

Hai Friends

I am sangeetha at present in Texas, moving to somerset, nj next week...
    can any one please tell me which is a good apartment...
    I have a 5yr old boy and we r expecting our next baby this Oct.. so suggest me some gyn near to somerset.... expecting ur valuable suggestion......

Cheers

Sangeetha..

7. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

I am Lalitha Mani.You can call me at 732-613-0574 i am 15 mts from somerset.

8. wolozid

wolozid New IL'ite

Hi Sangeetha...Somerset is very diverse I lived there 6 years and now in Bridgewater. The GYN I would suggest is Rashmi Acharya..great reviews although I haven't been to her. Rt 27 on the Somerset/Franklin Park stretch is where all the desi stuff happens including nice apartment complexes, groceries and restaurants ...u can research that.Also the hospital there - St Peter's specializes in Maternity so ALL IN ALL you are moving to a nice place! Enjoy! All the best..you can reach out to me if you need any other specific info.

9. SanPrasad

SanPrasad New IL'ite

Hai Wolozid

Thanks for ur valuable and needful suggestion....
    I am looking for an good apartment near franklin township... have booked some appt to visit the apt...I checked with my network Dr.Rashmi is coming under my insurance....hope everything should work out....
    do u know any best Elementary school for my kindergarten kid...

Once again thanks for ur suggestion.....

cheers

Sangeetha.........

10. wolozid

wolozid New IL'ite

I just wrote an reply and I think I lost it...well a gist of what I said

1) Call Franklin township Municipal for exact info. School system is not that great for zip 08873. Someone with their child in school here might shed better light.
    2) North Brunswick right next to Somerset( borders) is better schools. Colony Oaks on Finnegans Lane off of Rt 27 is a nice apartment complex. I had a friend there.
    3) Make sure you have good heating as winters are Brrrrrrrrrrrrr here especially since you will be missing the Texan warmth. I would suggest looking for places with Heat/Hot Water included. They make sure then that all is working well.

All the best..feel free to ask anymore questions.