1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

How to get rid of small cockroaches

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by sweety62, Jun 8, 2009.

1. sweety62

sweety62 Senior IL'ite

Please help I have lots of baby cockroaches in my house which appear again after I spray HIT. It seems like a cockroaches coloney at midnight. Please help

Thanks
    Seema

2. anandivaradan18

anandivaradan18 New IL'ite

hi,

I use one spray called NO - P means no pests. This is very effective and has a perfume smell also. I normally spray that on the cockroach when i find them and they immediately die .Just spray them wherever you find them jus 2 r 3 tims you find them lying dead . Beware of your food and other eatables.

regards,
    anandi

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    We had the same problem while staying in a flat in Hyderabad.None of the pesticides available in market was able to kill those creatures:rant
    Finally we called a Pest Control agent and they came and put some kind of ointment in every nook and corner of the house.And you wont believe, by end of day we would have atleast got 2KGs of dead cockroaches!!!:shock:
    So I suggest you to call some pest control for the same.

4. sweety62

sweety62 Senior IL'ite

Hi Anandi and Amihere, thanks for the replies. I will get the solutions soon to kick these things out.
    Thanks again
    Seema

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Sweety:
    Sprays are ineffective long term for cockroaches. Cockroaches live in colonies in hidden areas like walls and the spray will not reach the real problem. Two effective home remedies here in USA:

you can get roach hotels at drugstores, walmart etc: these are plastic bait stations where the cockroach eats and goes back to die in the colony. Cockroaches then consume the cadaver and are again poisoned so it goes like that. They also have sets where additional stations have cockroach birth control baits.

If you want to fumigate your place, you can get bombs in cans or also the kind its a can you drop in water and it makes smoke (those are really good) but you have to leave your place for hours, hide all food, etc etc....

Try the bait stations first and see.

6. tantrimantri

tantrimantri New IL'ite

put gamaxene powder under paper in kitchen shelves. dissolve the powder in water and pour it at night in kitchen sinks. keep the children away from the place.

7. hareena

hareena New IL'ite

i too have the same prblm. i used to spray dettol mixed with water and it works. roaches die when the dettol is sprayed over that. and i spray dettol all nite every corner of the kitchen and clean the floor with dettol. try this

RashmiRocks likes this.
  8. hareena

hareena New IL'ite

i too have the same prbs. i used to spray dettol mixed with water. try this and clean the floor with dettol

9. Rupal392

Rupal392 New IL'ite

These small cockroaches are know as German cockroach they increase rapidly in dark places such as below the sink, cupboard corners between the door gaps etc. It is very difficult to clean them out. One has to use a cockroach kill or use a pest killer spray.

Karishma07 and RashmiRocks like this.
  10. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

cockroach gel treatment.. it works like magic..